FINAL FANTASY XV announced for PC

Square Enix Ltd., today announced they are bringing FINAL FANTASY XV to Windows PC. Set for release in early 2018, FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION comes loaded with NVIDIA GameWorks technology and other advanced PC features adding cutting-edge graphics and physics simulation technologies with support for NVIDIA’s capture and share tools.

SQUARE ENIX will use its cutting-edge Luminous Engine* together with NVIDIA GameWorks and other advanced technologies to make FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION the definitive version of the game with support for native 4K and 8K resolutions, as well as HDR10 and DOLBY ATMOS. FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION boasts a wealth of bonus content from the console versions originally available through the Season Pass and free updates, while the addition of a new first-person mode allows a more immersive experience than ever before.

“With the help of NVIDIA, we are creating a stunning visual experience in FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION, one worthy of this beloved franchise,” said Hajime Tabata, Director of FINAL FANTASY XV at SQUARE ENIX. “NVIDIA pushes the pace of innovation in our industry, and that benefits gamers and developers alike.”

FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION will include the following GameWorks technology for real-time graphics and physics simulations:
NVIDIA Flow – to create dynamic, combustible fluid, fire and smoke.
NVIDIA HairWorks – to create dynamic, life-like hair and fur for characters, animals and monsters that inhabit the game.
NVIDIA ShadowWorks – to enable characters to cast shadows on themselves.
NVIDIA Turf Effects – to create dynamic grass and vegetation in the game environment.
NVIDIA VXAO – adds depth and realism based on the physics principles shadows and light.

There is also support for both GeForce Experience capture and share tools:
NVIDIA Ansel an in-game photography tool that allows gamers to compose shots from any position, adjust with post-process filters, capture HDR images in high fidelity formats, and share screenshots in 360 via a smartphone, PC or VR headset.
NVIDIA ShadowPlay Highlights automatically captures a gamer’s greatest gaming achievements in video and screenshot and enables seamless sharing through social channels.

FINAL FANTASY WINDOWS EDITION will be available Early 2018 for Windows PC.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
:creep:modders gonna fix this game before square enix
Well, they have a lot of work to do then.
  1. Make the story self-contained (no watch the Anime and Movie bullshit)
  2. Make Lunafreya matter or something.
  3. FFS, make Lunafreya playable or relatable, so you feel something when she dies, seriously.
  4. Create more side quests, important side-quests, to get something.
  5. Fix that BS with the summons coming at random, make it so that they are used strategically in battle.
  6. Improve the magic system, make it needed.
  7. Make the game harder, make people at least think on enemy weaknesses.
  8. Add more characters that are relevant.
  9. Add more personality, backstory and mandatory missions that flesh out characters, like e.g. Iris.
  10. Add more locations that matter, or that leave some impression, the game to me felt like there was only one city (Lestallum) and a lot of uninhabited land or something.
  11. Add more non-generic NPCs to cities to give the cities some character, and create some mandatory missions related to the locations and cities that flesh out the culture/Volksgeist of the location, make me get attached to the locations.
  12. Fix the game from Chapter 9 on, it is a fucking mess, from storytelling to level design (including that infamous solo maze).
  13. Argh.

Last edited by sarkwalvein,

ShonenJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, they have a lot of work to do then.
  1. Make the story self-contained (no watch the Anime and Movie bullshit)
  2. Make Lunafreya matter or something.
  3. FFS, make Lunafreya playable or relatable, so you feel something when she dies, seriously.
  4. Create more side quests, important side-quests, to get something.
  5. Fix that BS with the summons coming at random, make it so that they are used strategically in battle.
  6. Improve the magic system, make it needed.
  7. Make the game harder, make people at least think on enemy weaknesses.
  8. Add more characters that are relevant.
  9. Add more personality, backstory and mandatory missions that flesh out characters, like e.g. Iris.
  10. Add more locations that matter, or that leave some impression, the game to me felt like there was only one city (Lestallum) and a lot of uninhabited land or something.
  11. Add more non-generic NPCs to cities to give the cities some character, and create some mandatory missions related to the locations and cities that flesh out the culture/Volksgeist of the location, make me get attached to the locations.
  12. Fix the game from Chapter 9 on, it is a fucking mess, from storytelling to level design (including that infamous solo maze).
  13. Argh.
gotta agree with 12. It becomes a mess.

Jonna

Some sort of musician.
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Canada
I am excited for FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION.

Seriously, I loved the game on PS4, can't wait to try FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION on the computer with all the enhancements FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION will offer.

Reactions: ShonenJump

RedoLane

Supreme Punmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Probably the greatest news in a while...However, It seems to be a very high demanding version, which basically means you need a very recent powerful rig in order to use ULTIMATE settings.
I'm using GTX 970, so I mostly use a default high preset, or a custom(very-high) settings with some features turned off.
The only think I'm afraid of is the possibility of 30FPS lock, just like with Type-0. That would be a cruel dick move.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning