Hacking Final Fantasy VIII Freeze

elgarta

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hola all,

So recently I decided to re-visit a game I never had the desire to finish back in the day, Final Fantasy VIII. Now I do own my original discs, but I felt that playing it on the PSP would be fun.

I originally got some PSX eboot converts and played through to disc 2. I did not have a single problem until about 20 minutes into the disc when I am in the missile base and my game locks up whenever I try to upload the data when messing with the missile settings... Anyway, in short it just won't let me past.

So I decided I would just pick up a multidisc eboot since I read somewhere that it fixed a few issues with freezing in parts of the game, however it still did the same thing. It appears no matter what files I use that the game just doesn't want to progress.

Anyway, has anyone else here had this issue at all, or even know how to fix this? I am using a PSP Go with 6.60 Pro-B10 temp. I have installed popsloader as per terminator02's guide, I did this after I first encountered the freezing to see if it would help. I also do have CWCheat installed, but often have it without any cheats on. Disabiling the plugin via the recovery menu doesn't seem to change anything either :(

kicknhorse

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I had a similar problem many years ago with VIII, but it was in a different section.

I tried 3 different discs in 2 different ps1's and still could not get past a particular cutscene - despite it working fine years before that and the discs not being damaged.

In the end, I noticed that if I left it long enough it would move forward a tiny bit every 10 minutes or so. I ended up just leaving it for a few hours and finally could continue!

I am not sure if this helps, but may be worth a try just waiting for a while.

DeltaBladeX

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
PSN version is the best fix for this. Final Fantasy VIII seems to have problems when made as a custom EBoot, but Sony seemed to have better luck at finding the problems and fixing them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: I've only ever played Castlevania Symphony of the Night from PS1.