Final Fantasy VII Battles Are Action-Based, Confirms Director Tetsuya Nomura

Capture.JPG

In the latest issue of Weekly Famitsu, Final Fantasy VII Remake director Tetsuya Nomura gave additional details about the highly anticipated remake:

Because there was an imperfection in the interpretation of an interview we did at the site [of MAGIC 2017], I will explain here.

“Battles are not command-based, they’re action-based. Regarding cover actions, there are places where they can be done on the map, but they are not required. Because it’s seamless, I showed that there can be actions in response to various scenes.

“The Guard Scorpion battle has map destruction and a great number of attacks that weren’t in the original, so it has become a significantly flashy battle. If you look closely, I think that you can see that there are a number of missiles are coming down.”

So what do you think of this decision for the battle system?

:arrow: SOURCE

Last edited by Prans,

player594

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It may look better, but definitely will lose its feel due to changing core gameplay. I for one am not interested in corrupting my memory of one of the best games of all time. And no I am not a "fanboy", just a fan of a great game. I enjoy several other games that I also believe should never be changed that are not Square Enix titles.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

ablebodyoungman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You fanboys are fucking annoying, there's already an enhanced port on the PS4 with the time based system, if you like it so much then buy that and quit complaining. Action based is far more fun then the stupid turn based system and that retarded time limit

EDIT
Not gonna lie that action based chess game sounds pretty fun
That's what I'm saying! turn based is stupid. Action based is fun cuz it's like X,O,X,O < /\ R1, L1 and lyk explosions and 'lols I fuked yer mums'

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also I look forward to the remakes of the original Pokemon for gameboy. But hopefully they get rid of the stupid old person turn based system and replace it with first person shooter mechanics.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Wish I could use that for video editing lol