Gaming Final Fantasy Versus XIII & KH III available for PS4!

LanHikari

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, they are both coming to Xbox One. Not a big deal really, maybe Sony will snag some costumes exclusive DLC.
As long as there are no "Cloud" DLC, I'm sold.

I'm pretty hyped for both games.

For KH3, me and my friend thought that it'd be awesome if you could switch back and forth between characters, like 3d, but better. For example, Sora is charging through some courtyard, and then as part of some cutscene the camera moves to Riku on one of the walls or something. So you can actually play as different keyblade wielders with different perspectives of the same battle, at the same time... or close enough.

For FFXV, I am really mega hyped. But then I had a heart-stopping thought. You know how the cutscenes are supposed to be interactive/real-time, etc? And also how the world is meant to be fully explorable?
Um, well, can I take out my weapons and just wave it around whenever I want to? Or is it only during battle/world map? I mean, it'd be cool if, you know...
*boring cutscene, whips out sword, waves it around, throws + teleports, start exploring the... ceiling or something*.
Or like, I can just teleport all over the place while in the cities (when there aren't people trying to kill you). Square Enix could hide goodies all over the place for people to find (and admire the details put into the environment).
But the problem I can see is how NPC's would react. They're just walking along, minding their own business, and then you whip out a sword and just teleport all over the place. And what happens when you wave your sword at them?
And the world's supposed to be fully explorable, like the old Final Fantasies. So, some board of directors are having a meeting about the company's stocks or something, then you just randomly barge in...? How would that work? And what if you came in from the window or something?

Yeah, so maybe FFXV won't be as interactive (in terms of exploration) as I'd hoped... still hyped for it though.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I wish they never merged with Enix. The Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest/Warrior Monsters series have gone down in quality since.

For me, Monster Joker and Joker 2 were pretty good,
what's the problem with those two?

Terry Wonderland also looks like an excelent game,
and they just announced Monster 2 remake for 3DS.

I can't see any of these as bad titles, or going down in quality.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For me, Monster Joker and Joker 2 were pretty good,
what's the problem with those two?

Terry Wonderland also looks like an excelent game,
and they just announced Monster 2 remake for 3DS.

I can't see any of these as bad titles, or going down in quality.
Holy necrology. Well, there's a lack of stuff to do after the credits, unlike in DWM2 where you could have a crapload of keys. Also, I didn't like how in Joker 2 (although this was fixed in Pro, they gave US the crappy version that I bought day one) monsters were limited to ranks. I like being able to have monsters that look cute and cuddly do insane amounts of damage, but you're limited to sticking with the highest ranks possible.

Also: Terry's Wonderland looks good, but I've heard bad things about it. I'm gonna try it when I get my Gateway, but meh. I'm not a fan of playing games I can't understand. They'll never localize those two...

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, there's a lack of stuff to do after the credits, unlike in DWM2 where you could have a crapload of keys.

Having post-game content is good, but it's a bonus, no game needs to have a crapload of extras to be good.
Also, Monster Joker 1 and 2 had it's own bonuses like the real monster scout challenge, the dark world etc.

Also, I didn't like how in Joker 2 (although this was fixed in Pro, they gave US the crappy version that I bought day one)

Indeed that was bad, I was dissapointed with Square Enix,
there was a lot of rumours about we getting the professional version but only named 2.
Instead Square Enix was lazy and released the game super late and outdated.

monsters were limited to ranks.
I like being able to have monsters that look cute and cuddly do insane amounts of damage, but you're limited to sticking with the highest ranks possible.

If monsters weren't limited to ranks why would you go to the whole trouble of synthetising a X rank monster.
For me this is positive, not negative, also, why would I want to have a Pink Saguini as a monster instead of a badass dragon or a giant orc?

Also: Terry's Wonderland looks good, but I've heard bad things about it. I'm gonna try it when I get my Gateway, but meh. I'm not a fan of playing games I can't understand. They'll never localize those two...

I hope we will get a fanmade translation, I know now it's still impossible,
but I'm counting the days we may have homebrews and rom-hacks for 3DS.
It will probably take a while but patience is a virtue, and it's the only thing we have for this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I hate myself