Hacking Final Fantasy Type-0 RomHacking

joegoku

Final-Fan(tasy)
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
That's why we have Sky here, I guess^^. So as I said I could find him (Coldbird). Talked to him some times as well before. Just ask if u have problems later on.

@Sky: Something else offtopic-like, good work with the KH undubbing patch :D

NSRSM

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just finished the final graphic! Every image has been translated (except for some Kanji at 5864 - 5871, we're leaving that for now as we don't know how these will act in the game).

Yeah I got nothing with those symbols. I have a guess that maybe it has to do with mission complete kanji popping up or the whole S.O. Success or Failure but I really can't say for sure so I would leave them alone for now until we know for sure what they are for.

SkyBladeCloud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Can anyone confirm this is dummied content from the game? Is one of the movies I'm optimizing and i found it weird it's the only one so far with mono audio. At first I thought I'd belong to some sort of making off in the game, but seems to be the only one like this. If it's not meant to be played in the game and can safely be removed, it would save me some extra MB's:

coredecepts

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no way that's supposed to be a part of the story of the game. It has to be for a making-of feature of some kind.

I'd be okay with getting rid of it if it means making your job easier, Sky.

NSRSM

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone confirm this is dummied content from the game? Is one of the movies I'm optimizing and i found it weird it's the only one so far with mono audio. At first I thought I'd belong to some sort of making off in the game, but seems to be the only one like this. If it's not meant to be played in the game and can safely be removed, it would save me some extra MB's:

Not in the game itself. Just part of the game data. It can be removed.

SkyBladeCloud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cool, thanks, still 18 videos out of 57 to optimize. If the compression ration does not change, it will be enough for our needs.

~Sky

Reactions: Dalfi

CrashmanX

Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
Yes, then the translators will have to edit some anyway, since credits and some banners are part of these.

If it's like many other games I've looked through then the Sub titles are usually stored as data. If that's the case then they can be edited.
Do you know if the subs show up during the video?

coredecepts

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it's like many other games I've looked through then the Sub titles are usually stored as data. If that's the case then they can be edited.
Do you know if the subs show up during the video?
Sky posted an image earlier in the thread that looked like a screencap with edited subtitles. Just a sample to show that it could be done. So we should be good, I think.

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
Have been following your awesome efforts.
The first kanji in the overlay in that video is "temporary". I saw it a lot in unused content in DS games, like Ninokuni icon for the unused Nielde Desert posted on tcrf:
Nielde_desert_ninokuni_copy.png

So yeah, guess it's just a placeholder that can be removed, unless there is a debug room which uses it, but then again, removing it, or rather adding some dummy 1 second black video with the same name (just to be sure nothing screws up) is the best course of action to save space.

NSRSM

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now that we have the IMG and IMGP more or less out of the way what do the translators want to tackle next when we are able?

Main Story
Crimson Codex
Menu's and interfaces

Hakurou

雪に覆われた森に眠る白狼
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm fine with anything, but I'd really like to do the main story. After reading those Crimson Codex pages, it'd be nice to have a little personality in the things that we're translating.

Dalfi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sky I would ask you something if I can. Let suppose that there will be a complete fan translation, how would you release it? I mean, there would be a patch + a tool to unify the ISOs or a prepatched version of the game (like the Chinese fan-made version)???

However, I'm very impressed about the work you're doing guys :)
I'd like to help :(

earlynovfan

Delusional
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now that we have the IMG and IMGP more or less out of the way what do the translators want to tackle next when we are able?

Main Story
Crimson Codex
Menu's and interfaces
Maybe we should do the Menus, then Pages, then story?
Or reverse order?
I dunno. It's really up to what the translators feel like translating.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it