Final Fantasy Type-0 RomHacking

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by SkyBladeCloud, Dec 30, 2012.

Dec 30, 2012

GuardianSoul Translator

Message Count:
    Netherlands
    Thanks, fixed that.

• Newcomer

Artistan Jack of All Trades

Message Count:
    United States
    Cool I'll correct them.

coredecepts New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    I'm reading over all the translated text so far.

I'm mainly looking for spelling mistakes, but I'm also checking for readability/understanding without changing meaning.

As discussed earlier, I won't modify the source files, so if I change the meaning of something, we can always change it back.

But so far all I've changed is Perystilium -> Peristylium, and that's really minor.

Do we want to go with Soryu or Soryuu? I'm seeing it spelled Soryu most places, so that's what I've been using.
    • Newcomer

Message Count:
    United States
    Phonetically it would be Sōryū.... I guess it's preference?

coredecepts New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    I was thinking spelling it "Soryu" would be a nice contrast to the term "Seiryuu". Keeping those spellings as different as possible could help avoid any possible confusions for the player. If there are any objections, I can change it back.

I saw a bunch of instances of "Togoresu" and changed it to "Togoreth".

NSRSM New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Soryu and Seiryuu are both terms. The Kingdom of Concordia is split into 2 dominions. Soryu(the main one) and Seiryuu(old faction).

BTW here's the Map of Orience

[IMG]

Of course the one in the Artbook is of higher quality then the one above.

Here's a list of locations via this link: http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Orience

coredecepts New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Cool, I'll stick with Soryu and Seiryuu then. Thanks for the info!

NSRSM New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    If you ever have any questions about anything regarding Type 0, just ask. As it's biggest fan I should be able to sort it out.
    • Newcomer

joegoku Final-Fan(tasy)

Message Count:
    Germany
    Wow guys, sry to interupt by typing here, but WOW. I waited so long for an translation (and hoped, that SE would do it someday). Now u are working at it. If I could, I would help u out, but I wish u the best of luck with this and as an FF-fan many many thx :)
    Last edited by joegoku, Jan 5, 2013
    SignZ likes this.

coredecepts New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Another terminology question: In one of the history documents, this passage:

"The Suzaku Crystal comes down to the land of Orience. Attracting the people of Rubrum to its light, it entrusts them with a great Task (shimei 使命)."

Those kanji are the same ones used for the term "Focus" in Final Fantasy XIII. Take this track title, for example:

Do you mind if I change the term to "Focus" instead of "Task"?
    • Newcomer

Message Count:
    United States
    使命 (Shin-Mei) literal translation of each character is "Use" and "Life" and together it would be One's "Calling" or "Life mission". So wouldn't Focus be a little off also?
    Last edited by Artistan, Jan 5, 2013

coredecepts New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Yeah, the term "Focus" is probably a result of some creative interpretation by the localization staff at Square while they worked on XIII. Considering Type-0 contains terms like l'Cie and other references to XIII and XIII-2, I thought "Focus" would be appropriate.

Let me know if you want to use something else. I have no problem changing it.

coredecepts New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    I am completely rewriting the file titled "Sword and Armor of the Genbu King"

It is really difficult to read, so I thought I would take a crack at making it flow.

Also, in the file "FF Type 0 CC Section 1 History", I changed the term "Milites Imperium" to "Milites Empire". Imperium sounds really cool, but Empire seems to be the more accepted term.
    • Newcomer

James Garland New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Really sorry to interject as I'm not a part of this project, but I kind of thought that it was "imperium" to contrast "peristylium." The similar endings are a rhetorical strategy to show deeper significance and relation. :)

zanfire New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    im really glad people are actually working on this. This was pretty much the last game i wanted to play for psp and was stunned it never came out...it looks so damn awesome. Stoked for when this is translated into english and i can finally play it and get whats going on.

SHAME ON YOU SE! should have put the game out in the US/EU a LONG time ago.

NSRSM New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Nevertheless the official term is Peristylium.
    • Newcomer

James Garland New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Sorry, I was a bit unclear, I meant that "imperium" should not be changed to "empire" because of the above reason. "Peristylium" is correct, though.
    It seems that I'm more of a hindrance than help, so good luck with the project. :)

NSRSM New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Oh Imperium should be Empire, Byakko or Milites Empire. Though Imperials could easily work as well.
    Last edited by NSRSM, Jan 6, 2013
    • Newcomer

Message Count:
    United States
    I think it just depends on the context. I know the work "皇国兵" is used a lot... and in this context it would be appropriate to use "Imperial Army".

NSRSM New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Type 0 shares the FNC Mythos. I think the term "Focus" is likely to be used.