Hacking Final Fantasy Type-0 RomHacking

Dalfi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I just knew about this project and I'm so excited!!! Unfortunately I have no knowledge about Japanese or programming but I will follow this project everyday.

Sky, do you think that the spreadsheet already linked could be usefull???
Here it is the link https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqRPQz13F4fZdDVtdWdRV2pqWWdyLVViMWxtVklOY2c#gid=16

Maybe you can use it to insert something (lots of things are translated with original Japanese texts near) :)
However full moral support for you and the (future) team!!!

(Sorry for my english)

CrashmanX

Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
If by Manager you just mean someone who can say "OK this needs done and that needs done. We have files X-Y completed blah blah blah" then I might be up for the task. I've got college starting again on the 14th but the classes are short enough I can work with a project or two as well.

coredecepts

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It might be beneficial to translate system text (menus, etc.) first to allow testing to start as soon as possible. Is that a priority?

SkyBladeCloud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, the manager should be the one to decide priorities ;). Ohh, by the way, lots of that kind of text can be found in the "battle" system file, just have a look at the unpacked file names:

-btxt -> battle text
-bcom-> battle commands
-babl -> battle abilities
-bmgc-> battle magic
-baac -> battle actions
-bwep -> battle weapons

And many others...

If by Manager you just mean someone who can say "OK this needs done and that needs done. We have files X-Y completed blah blah blah" then I might be up for the task. I've got college starting again on the 14th but the classes are short enough I can work with a project or two as well.

Pretty much, also to tell me "yo, Y thing is done, let's move on to Y thing" or "X thing has a problem", you know...

~Sky

NSRSM

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was part of another translation team. Some may know me as MagiusNecros, and our focus was the Crimson Codex. But what I want to ask is what do the majority want to do first? Do you want to first focus on what the previous person Truthkey did(which was try to complete everything menubased but was only partial), the main story(includes cutscene dialogue,textbox dialogue,moogle messages,comm messages,ingame dialogue), or would you rather do the crimson codex(comprised of 6 sections, which are data text files that supplement the game,think of it like XIII's datalog but much better executed in design, character profile entries, summon information, bestiary entries,list of mission requests, and tutorial stuff)?

The Spreadsheet one has posted will be quite useful for menu translation I would reckon.

As of now I think the current focus should be on translating and editing what's available(of which there isn't much).

Whoever decides to be manager should first gather contact info for all the translators and of course any others that are involved such as programmers like Skyblade or even others who want to check for spelling.

If need be if you want a headstart on the crimson codex, I can provide it so translators can work on that if desired since I have literally screencaptured every entry for it.

I'm still waiting on my team's old leader who has quit due to certain unnamed reasons to deliver what he translated himself. But I can say that Section 3(Summon/Eidolon) of the Crimson Codex is translated and compiled in a text document. So that should be easy to drag and drop.

I can try to play the role of manager but I don't think I'm too qualified, but even with College coming soon, if ANYONE has an abundance of free time, it would be me.

Despite having no knowledge of Japanese or Programming skills I can try help as best I can. Whenever the Crimson Codex entries are decoded and ready to be edited I shall be handing over what I have so far, regardless if I get whatever my old team leader is supposed to give to me or not.

But back to the main question. What is it the majority wants to do first? This game is a huge project.

GuardianSoul

Translator
Trophies
Website
www.guardiansoul.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
I would love to participate in this project (for the time being). Unfortunately I don't know any Japanese (aside from konnichiwa and arigatou lol), but I do have some experience in translating/hacking games.

Here is something I did just now:
tJbcG.png

5946.img - (Not sure if this is the correct translation)

Original text:

ゲームソフトを権利者の許諾なく、 インターネットを通じて配信、 配布
することは著作権を侵害する違法行為であり、 民事上、 刑事上の法的制裁
を受ける可能性があります。

また、 違法なインターネット配信と知りながらダウンロードする行為も、
私的利用目的の複製とはならず、 違法です。

みなさまのご理解とご協力をお願いいたします。

Z4VaX.png

5784.imgp
6Vcjc.png

5785.imgp

All of them are 8 bit, made using Photoshop. I think they should be reinsertable.

Artistan

Jack of All Trades
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My opinion focus should be on the interface first then move on to main story.

Also I believe I found a solution to the RGB888 format. Not condoning piracy -- I just remembered about a program I used a while back OP**iX iM********io.

Artistan

Jack of All Trades
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would love to participate in this project (for the time being). Unfortunately I don't know any Japanese (aside from konnichiwa and arigatou lol), but I do have some experience in translating/hacking games.

tJbcG.png

Original text:

を受ける可能性があります。

私的利用目的の複製とはならず、 違法です。

みなさまのご理解とご協力をお願いいたします。

Z4VaX.png

5784.imgp
6Vcjc.png

5785.imgp

All of them are 8 bit, made using Photoshop. I think they should be reinsertable.

Translation on the warning screen is spot on!

Reactions: GuardianSoul

NSRSM

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My opinion focus should be on the interface first then move on to main story.

Also I believe I found a solution to the RGB888 format. Not condoning piracy -- I just remembered about a program I used a while back OP**iX iM********io.

So first we will take care of what's accessible now....

Then I suppose when accessible the first thing would be the menu's and interface's along with anything associated to them, such as item's and what not.

Excellent.

SkyBladeCloud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country

tJbcG.png

Original text:

を受ける可能性があります。

私的利用目的の複製とはならず、 違法です。

みなさまのご理解とご協力をお願いいたします。

Z4VaX.png

5784.imgp
6Vcjc.png

5785.imgp

Good good, seeing other people work helps motivating xD. Don't worry about reinsertion, the reinsertion tool I'm working on should be able to handle quantization too (alpha+color reduction). So as long images keep their original resolution and everything is in range, it should be correctly displayed.

~Sky

Artistan

Jack of All Trades
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shouldn't we have a centralized location where we can put all the files that needs to be worked on and track progress? Anybody with a good idea? I do have a couple of servers I can host file with good enough bandwidth... as long as access is limited to those working on the project directly.

CrashmanX

Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
A MediaFire account should be enough. I'll take a look at the game using the Tools and such later this evening. Really glad to see interest picking up.

NSRSM

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whenever you choose whatever filesharing site, basically delegate PM's as to what the Username and Password is, if you are using a single central account for everything.

You can even get creative if you want like say the username is OperationApostle or ProjectAgito. Or something else entirely.

earlynovfan

Delusional
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A 4ahared account perhaps?

But whoever is manager, if you need an assistant, I'm available.

I'm pretty good with dealing with grammar and proof checking everything.

NSRSM

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh my. It's a good thing I have the intro translated on hand.

Whenever the group gets a sharing site service I can send all my current stuff on it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Batman joined the Trans Justice League
    +2
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    based af
    +2
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Forget the base, get on the roof.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that a bat in your buckle or are you just happy to have me
    Wonder "Woman" lol you wonder if they are a woman?
    The Riddler has questions...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Played a little of snow day glad I didn't spend $30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's asthetic is okay maybe a good $10 grab
    Lol is it a game about doing cocaine?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably in pvp
    I tried Balders Gate II on the PS2 a few minutes ago, not bad lol
    My back catalog of games is like that scene at the end of Indiana Jones where the arc of the covenant is being stored in a giant ass warehouse
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At least I can will my game catalog to family members
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's your problem now bitches
    Put it in your will that in order to receive any money they have to beat certain games, hard games and super shitty games...
    Say 20 bucks per Ninja Gaiden on the NES lol 60 bucks for all 3
    People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hello kitty ds is required
    +1
    Beat Celebrity Death Match on the PS1 omg tried it earlier today .... Absolutely trash
    Like -37 out of 10
    One of the worst games I have ever played
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make them rank up every cod game out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "Now I know why he took his own life"
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"