Hacking Final Fantasy Type-0 RomHacking

DantesInferno13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Nope. Both the thing about the fan translation and the topic on the heat over it died.

Don't expect any release coming from this team because it disbanded and we all know what happened and the crap Sky thinks of it. Dead topic, go elsewhere.

You'll have to pray someone else winds up doing the work.
I'm pretty sure there is an update in the works. I saw it some time ago, can't find it now.

Reactions: GuardianSoul

InfoAddict

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not going to lie. I followed this translation project for years (IIRC it went on for years right?) but as soon as Square announced Type 0 HD for PS4 I didn't care anymore.

Zero Dozer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, I did care. Because I don't give a damn for the Gen VIII consoles and their USELESS game collection at this moment. Becuase the SQEX retards didn't LISTEN to the fans asking it to release it ON THE VITA. Because they lifted the god damn middle finger to the US release of the PSP version WHEN THE GAME WAS FINISHED.

You want to act like a sucker for SQEX, fine. I won't stop you, it's YOUR money after all. But I have my damn ideals to live for. And these ideals keep telling me that Square has taken their entire customer base for blind retards.

StorMyu

"I'm way too old for this"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well, I did care. Because I don't give a damn for the Gen VIII consoles and their USELESS game collection at this moment. Becuase the SQEX retards didn't LISTEN to the fans asking it to release it ON THE VITA. Because they lifted the god damn middle finger to the US release of the PSP version WHEN THE GAME WAS FINISHED.

You want to act like a sucker for SQEX, fine. I won't stop you, it's YOUR money after all. But I have my damn ideals to live for. And these ideals keep telling me that Square has taken their entire customer base for blind retards.
Well that was innapropriate, if any company were listening to their fans like gods we'd have FFVII remaster on the ps3 and it would be shitty. (And I would have my Star Ocean 3 PsVita edition btw)
Besides, Square-Enix is a really nice if you compare it to LOTS of others, for example Bandai Namco and the Tales Studio, do you know how many games were not localised ? You're bashing an ENTIRE COMPANY because they didn't gave you what you wanted ? Damn cry babies...
They're still giving FFType-0 a western release so go buy a Ps4 and stop whining about it, that's just being stupid over a little details and they have nothing to argue with "fans" like yourself (because if you would be one, you would have bought the game / ripped the iso / used the patch but I'm almost certain you didn't)

Reactions: earlynovfan

Zero Dozer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
That's the thing, I AM NOT BUYING THE PS4 FOR THIS GAME. Or any game that I could have in a PS3 for that matter (which is a majority of games as of this point). I am not a fanboy. I'm not swallowing any crap Square sends into my throat like you're doing.

Also, you're mistaken if you think Square is actually being NICE compared to others. Square is no different from Capcom as of lately. You know that when EVEN THE JAPANESE criticize Tabata for the doom Final Fantasy XV is heading into. Also, they're abandoning the console gaming market and migrating to cellphones because "the world" (read it as JAPANESE PEOPLE, because THIS is the world THEY KNOW) is migrating to the phones.

You guys should have noticed that something was BEYOND wrong by the time of Final Fantasy XIII, but turning a blind eye is sure a fanboy's speciality.

InfoAddict

Trophies
XP
Country

Perhaps you could consider why they chose to port it to PS4 and XBone but not Vita?

Reactions: CrashmanX

Zero Dozer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Perhaps you could consider why they chose to port it to PS4 and XBone but not Vita?

While the fans wanted the game to come for Vita, as well as the game being released for Vita would boost or even save its reputation. (Vita is well known as a portable with no games... At least in America, where Sony doesn't give a damn.)

CrashmanX

Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
That's the thing, I AM NOT BUYING THE PS4 FOR THIS GAME. Or any game that I could have in a PS3 for that matter (which is a majority of games as of this point). I am not a fanboy. I'm not swallowing any crap Square sends into my throat like you're doing.

Also, you're mistaken if you think Square is actually being NICE compared to others. Square is no different from Capcom as of lately. You know that when EVEN THE JAPANESE criticize Tabata for the doom Final Fantasy XV is heading into. Also, they're abandoning the console gaming market and migrating to cellphones because "the world" (read it as JAPANESE PEOPLE, because THIS is the world THEY KNOW) is migrating to the phones.

You guys should have noticed that something was BEYOND wrong by the time of Final Fantasy XIII, but turning a blind eye is sure a fanboy's speciality.

Maybe the reason most PS4 games could be on PS3 or are ported from PS3 to PS4 is because it's a new console still and unlike the jump from PS2 to PS3 there's not a HUGE shift trying to push to the next console.

As far as your comment about it not coming to Vita, that's because it's not a worthy business venture for Square. Type-0 is already obscure and releasing it on a platform where there's not going to be a lot of guaranteed sales is even riskier. You have to remember, these are companies with finances to worry about. They want to get their game out to the biggest audience they can so they can sell as much as they can and recoup spent money on it.

DantesInferno13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France

That's not even an "idea" bro, that's more like common knowledge. If $€ hasn't hit bankruptcy yet is because FF fans have to buy FF XIV once per month, or thanks to DLC's and re-re-re-re-leases. Of course they won't release FF Type-0 for the Vita, because they have to worry about their finances, indeed. On the other hand, companies that do their job right, don't have to.

AdanK85

Game Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I personally won't buy the ps4 until more games that interest me come out, which usually ends up 3-4 years later when their (both console and games) price goes down. When I do, I might buy this one for the ps4 just for collection sake. Saving money for a new PC :X as my current laptop can't function well for recent games anymore.

In any case, any chance this thread be close? Doesn't seem to serve much purpose now unless the Spanish team decides to fix those along with sky.

Zero Dozer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Uh, Sky won't have any part in this and he doesn't give a damn to this for what I know. As I said before, you'll have to pray for someone else to take the project into his/her own hand.

Also, he sorta "betrayed" his team, so... Yeah, it's not happening. Not by the same team.

DantesInferno13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Uh, Sky won't have any part in this and he doesn't give a damn to this for what I know. As I said before, you'll have to pray for someone else to take the project into his/her own hand.

Also, he sorta "betrayed" his team, so... Yeah, it's not happening. Not by the same team.

Why? Are you implying the team is useless without Sky? This is a legitimate question, because there is a patch update in the works, presumably from a team member, at PSPISO.com, and the guy seems to have all sorts of problems not being able to figure out how to deal with the translation tools. Either that, or it's all fake.
Forget what I've just said: I've just realized blackfire219 from this very thread is betatesting the patch update. Power to you guys.

StorMyu

Trophies
XP
Country
France
- That's the thing, I AM NOT BUYING THE PS4 FOR THIS GAME.
- turning a blind eye is sure a fanboy's speciality.
- Fine, and ? I don't own a ps4 either, I don't see why it's supposed to be deal breaker.
- I am totally not a fanboy of Square Enix. I'm just giving you my point of view from a company perspective.
That's what you're forgetting btw, they have nothing to say to the "fans" if they don't want to.
Also, I buy games, not because of a brand, because I like them (who played this baby btw ?). There's no perfect game so I don't see why something should be "off" in FFXV especially since it's not even out yet.
You're just letting your rage go for no reason so I can get that but coming here to argue over something so trivial is not helpful so please calm down.

DantesInferno13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
- Fine, and ? I don't own a ps4 either, I don't see why it's supposed to be deal breaker.
- I am totally not a fanboy of Square Enix. I'm just giving you my point of view from a company perspective.
That's what you're forgetting btw, they have nothing to say to the "fans" if they don't want to.
Also, I buy games, not because of a brand, because I like them (who played this baby btw ?). There's no perfect game so I don't see why something should be "off" in FFXV especially since it's not even out yet.
You're just letting your rage go for no reason so I can get that but coming here to argue over something so trivial is not helpful so please calm down.

I'm not a fan of SquareEnix either, but it obvious they've been over-milking their franchises with crappy installments, to the point that it's clear to me that they think their fans are idiots. Taking your own example as a reference, I did play Chaos Legion, it was a good game, and a good investment to my collection. But do you really think I would buy any game made by the modern Capcom? The company who made RE5 with on-discs DLC? COME ON! Not only RE5 is a crappy game, but they also like to bully fan's wallets. I this scenario, I can very well say that I would NOT buy a Chaos Legion sequel, just like I stopped buying Final Fantasy games after 13.

CrashmanX

Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
I can very well say that I would NOT buy a Chaos Legion sequel, just like I stopped buying Final Fantasy games after 13.

And Capcom will judge there's no reason to make a Chaos Legion sequel. For that I say you do not support the game, but rather you take things personally.

InfoAddict

Trophies
XP
Country
While the fans wanted the game to come for Vita, as well as the game being released for Vita would boost or even save its reputation. (Vita is well known as a portable with no games... At least in America, where Sony doesn't give a damn.)

It wouldn't have done shit for the Vita's reputation unfortunately.

They're bringing it out where they'll sell more copies and get more mindshare. I can't begrudge them for that.

DantesInferno13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
And Capcom will judge there's no reason to make a Chaos Legion sequel. For that I say you do not support the game, but rather you take things personally.

I support the games that I think worth support based on my criteria of what a good game is. Just like I supported Chaos Legion, and the original RE trilogy. I would be grateful if Capcom judged there is no good reason to make a Chaos Legion sequel, heck, I wouldn't like that great title to be spoiled like Resident Evil or Final Fantasy :). And of course I take this things personally, it's my personal money we are talking about after all :) It's not like I'm going to buy a bad game to support a company to allow them to make more bad games.
Both Capcom and SquareEnix have proved they can't pull it off anymore. That's why I'm with Zero Dozer on this one. My current stand on FF XV is that I'm not buying it, unless it proves it worth my money. But let's be realistic: after 3 FFXIII failures, crappy mobile games, re-relases with AAA prices and story DLC's we know that won't be the case :)

StorMyu

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Why are you all arguing over a company ? you don't like the games, don't buy them, who cares what they do, they make good games, it sells, they make crappy games, maybe it'll sell good because of "fame" but it won't last if they're overdoing it.
Can't you just leave it at that ?
And I'll stop myself being off-topic too btw.

Blebleman

GBAtemp Old-Timer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Square is no different from Capcom as of lately. You know that when EVEN THE JAPANESE criticize Tabata for the doom Final Fantasy XV is heading into. Also, they're abandoning the console gaming market and migrating to cellphones because "the world" (read it as JAPANESE PEOPLE, because THIS is the world THEY KNOW) is migrating to the phones.

Hahahahaha! I think I have some say in this. Nope. There's a reason FFXV is the most wanted game right now.

http://nintendoeverything.com/famitsus-most-wanted-games-11115/#more-184609

Also -- check that list twice and see how many Squeenix games are there.

ALSO #2 -- You might not know this, but Squeenix is also a big publisher here -- they publish the console versions of Call of Duty, Diablo 3, and more.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N-3vv4kzdk