Final Fantasy Type-0 English Translation Ultima Guide!

Discussion in 'PSP - Tutorials' started by Nobunaga, Jun 9, 2014.

1. Clanver

Newcomer Clanver Advanced Member

Germany
    Btw. it works on Vita CFW as well. In Fact its working really well if you have the newest Cfw (6.60 TN-V8).

Maybe add this to your list of needed devices.

2. Deraazuul

Newcomer Deraazuul Newbie

Germany
    Is it possible to split the patched iso, or to shrink down the size?

3. Kay

Newcomer Kay Newbie

United States
    Hi,
    I just wanted to say Thank you for posting up the instructions for the various different devices. It seems like this is the only forum that really explains thing clearly.
    I successfully install final fantasy type 0 onto my psp. The game loads up perfectly fine, but when it gets to the FMV cut scenes the audio and video would stutter.
    I have a psp 1000, running on CFW Pro C2, disabled all plugins, and went as far as reformatting my memory stick. But I still got the same results. If anyone who is having the same problems or know how to fix this problem. Your advice would be greatlyappreciated. I've waited this long to play an english version of this game(which i think is awesome and a big middle finger to Square) I would like to experience it in it's fully glory. Thanks.

4. raylgo

Member raylgo GBAtemp Regular

Philippines
    Is there a way to patch the game on a Mac?

5. Racestar7d

Newcomer Racestar7d Newbie

United States
    Has anyone tried puttin the iso on their PSP then being told it was corrupted?

6. Steve Ames

Newcomer Steve Ames Newbie

Italy
    i remember that with the merged ISO cwcheat plugin was required to swap between discs when playing, is it still necessary?

7. Zykinander

Newcomer Zykinander Member

United States
    How long does the patch take?

8. Dothackjhe

Member Dothackjhe GBAtemp Regular

Philippines
    The game should work perfectly fine on PRO custom firmware due to the needed "inferno" driver not seen on other custom firmware. Upgrade to a PRO custom firmware and enable "inferno" as the UMD ISO Mode when running the game on your PSP. It worked perfectly fine on my PSP 2000 on CFW 6.60 ME 1.8 / PRO C (Fix 3).

You can play the game just fine without the need for Cwcheats. I've just finished the game and now on my second playthrough. I only used Cwcheats to enable the unlockable costumes that require the referral codes which is not possible for me with the game.

You can already actually download the game pre-patched with the English translation on torrent sites.

9. Zykinander

Newcomer Zykinander Member

United States
    Omfg thank you so much

10. StyKrnaN

Newcomer StyKrnaN Member

Philippines
    Does this game work on CFW 6.20 Pro B9? I can't seem to open the game. When I try to start it up, it immediately freezes and shuts my PSP down. Can anybody help me? Not really good with this stuff. My PSP model is 3001 btw.

11. Soulfyr

Newcomer Soulfyr Newbie

United States
    Im having the same problem, I'm running on 6.60 pro-b9. I put it in inferno mode but when I pick the game it goes To the playstation logo and then turns my psp off. Fiddled around with the settings and a no go. I don't have any plugins installed so don't know what else to do

12. Randqalan

Member Randqalan The Wheel of Time Turns

United States
    pro-b9 is the problem update to B10 or above so the iso size is unlocked

13. Soulfyr

Newcomer Soulfyr Newbie

United States
    Thanks that worked

14. OP_Mega

Newcomer OP_Mega Newbie

United States
    Anyone else notice that there are some mission translations at the end of the 1st mission/tutorial? Or rather before the start of the 2d mission. (One being at the ultima bomb fmv).

(ps, necro hate? or is it good i didn't create a whole new thread just to ask this question?)