Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hello all!

As Sony is having a Final Fantasy sale on the PSN, I'm thinking of getting a few games from the list for my PSVita. I've got all FF titles from 1 to 13-2 sans the online game(s) (FFXI), but as I can't import physical games to the PSVita, I rarely have time to play them.

Been thinking about getting the PSP titles, but they seem to be a bit more on the hack 'n slash button mashing versus what the PSX titles have to offer. Probably end up with FFVII, VIII and IX, already have FFV from a PS+ offer IIRC. Played III and IV on the DS. Both games I liked, but would rather not play them again as it's been ages since I've played another FF game (PSX era).

What suggestions do you have? Should I just play the games on the PS3 or stick with the PSP backed up version of the game(s)? Not going to hack my PSVita to run PSP/PSX games, since I already have a PSP if I need one ;)

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
just so yuo know the FFIV:CC fror the PSP

has FFIV (it has the extras that FFIV:A for the gba had) , an extra chapter the links The years after to FFIV, somewhat, and the Full the The Year After, game
so it might be some thing to look at, it NOT the 3d game on the DS, it like the other 2d games

Reactions: Qtis

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Derp.. Ended up getting VI, VII, VIII, IX and the PSP game FF Tactics: War of the lions. The first 4 were purely for the nostalgia of being able to play them on a portable that I actually carry out of the house, while the PSP game had a temping price (4.95€). Hopefully SE does a sale for Vagrant Story at some point, since that's a game that I've actually never gotten around to play, but looks quite good.

I did think about getting the FFIV:CC, but decided not to (yet) since I just finished the game on the DS a while back :P

EDIT: Also if anyone has suggestions for a place where to buy a 16/32 GB memory card for cheap, I'm all ears. My 4 GB is not really enough :3

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Derp. Some more info needed :D Anyone played the PSP versions of FFI and FFII? Are they any good?

It's just that I realized the first games are also 4.95 each, which is pretty good if the other PSX games are taken into consideration (gameplay hours vs price). I checked that the original PSX games (FF: Origins?) aren't on PSN so I could just as well buy the remakes. While I have the origin versions on disc, I don't seem to have enough time to fight through it if it's not on a portable console (in other words, I don't have enough time for grinding ;____; )

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
the PSP versions of FFI, FFII
are like the GBA game(they have the same extras that are in them), with but high res spites, like FFIV:CC has

i have them on UMD, i may, buy them for my Vita if they were on the PSN

Reactions: Qtis

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
the PSP versions of FFI, FFII
are like the GBA game(they have the same extras that are in them), with but high res spites, like FFIV:CC has

i have them on UMD, i may, buy them for my Vita if they were on the PSN

Are the games good compared to the PSX-PS2 era of Final Fantasy? I'm tempted to buy them :3

I found Crisis Core to be genuinely awful.

The FFIV collection is very nice on the other hand.

Crisis Core was.. Don't know if I'll finish it. Played it a little while on the PSP, but meh.

FFIV will be a purchase at some time, but I doubt I'd buy it now due to playing the DS version a few years back. Also may buy the original PSP retail version :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.