Gaming Final Fantasy Explorers announced for 3DS

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
its more a crystal chronicles.
I watched the Japanese N-direct earlier and it really reminds me of it.
inb4 people start posting of how monster hunter clony that looks.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its more a crystal chronicles.
I watched the Japanese N-direct earlier and it really reminds me of it.
inb4 people start posting of how monster hunter clony that looks.

It seems like it more just brawly and less about timing and hit boxes though, so less "strategy" then the HM games.

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

JoshuaBojangles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems like it more just brawly and less about timing and hit boxes though, so less "strategy" then the HM games.
Thats pretty much every MH clone in a nutshell. Nothing is ever going to have the exact same combat as MH.

People seem to not like the term "MH clone" but it's here to stay. Its a much easier way to say "action rpg that foregoes a traditional leveling system in favor of gear based progression where gear is typically crafted from the materials aquired from boss monsters that you grind"

I just dont understand why the term bothers people so much

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thats pretty much every MH clone in a nutshell. Nothing is ever going to have the exact same combat as MH.

People seem to not like the term "MH clone" but it's here to stay. Its a much easier way to say "action rpg that foregoes a traditional leveling system in favor of gear based progression where gear is typically crafted from the materials aquired from boss monsters that you grind"

I just dont understand why the term bothers people so much

Because people like to say MH clone and then quickly get turned off because some hate HM and some hate games that try to be MH.
Action RPG's with a crafting system that replaces a leveling system aren't automatically a MH clones. Also seeing how the life bar uses such big numbers I'm pretty sure that this game will have a traditional leveling system.
Perhabs something like Bravely default and FF3 where you have a main level and job level. Which would be neat in a ARPG.

JoshuaBojangles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont speak Japanese so I dont know if they mention it at all but I couldnt spot any sort of level indicator or exp gains. I guess it could also go the Ragnarok Odyssey route and have something similar to the card progression.

I think all the big damage numbers are there for is to help more casual players feel like the damage theyre doing is meaningful. I know thats a thing that turns a lot of people off from MH.

InfoAddict

Trophies
XP
Country
This is actually a type of game I've dreamed about. MH with FF monsters. I've never been able to get into MH, but I respect the game. However as a big FF fan I think this game, an FF take on MH, is enough to keep my interest.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: 455