Gaming Final Fantasy 3

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone else tried this yet? got it a few days ago its actually pretty good! Identical to the DS version they made a couple of years back but with a lot more polish, sharper textures etc and the FMV's have had a big clean up as well from the DS version.

Very impressed, as wasnt expecting anything of note to come out for the PSP again

servant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apparently the psp version isn't doing well in terms of sales in japan, I'm not entirely sure if it will fare better here.
I really am considering getting this, despite buying it on the ds already just to try out the slight improvements they've made, like the auto battle system and the improved graphics.
Thank god they got rid of that stupid mail system in the ds version too, it made doing the side missions just about impossible.

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
They have revamped the soundtrack a bit as well. Either that or it just sounds cleaner on the PSP as opposed to it being somewhat muddy on the DS.

Your probably right about the fact it wont sell well, i was just surprised games were still being released for PSP. I thought it was pretty much a dead format by now

servant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not entirely; a few games are still lined up for it this year and next, funny since developers are pretty much ignoring the vita in the process...

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well i suppose if they can develop something for the PSP at the fraction of the cost of a VITA title but still hit the vita audience with a PSN download of a PSP game then i guess it makes sense to keep releasing them

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly I don't see the necessity of this release, given that both the DS and Android userbase outnumber the PSP's greatly. Aside from the free money, anyways.

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The necessity for this release is because it was on DS, which is not a sony product, and neither is Android. Thats a bit like saying that something like Mass Effect isnt needed on Wii U because its already available on PS3 and Xbox.

Its obviously not cost them a lot development wise but its hitting PSP, VITA and PS3 users for one release so i can imagine that the sales would still be enough to recoup what they put into it. (Edit - isnt the release something to do with a FF 25 year anniversary? Sure i read it somewhere)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Proxy sites, not very effective.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    if ur on a Chromebook and cant change jack about the laptop that's what I gotta use
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    One of the sites that weren't blocked on the school's network was some file uploading sites. I would upload some games, write down the URL and take it to school one day.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I did it when the teachers werent looking ofc. I even managed to take in a USB stick that wasn't allowed.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my school has a chrome extension called light speed filter agent and it legit blocks YouTube pfps since the file cdn(I think aka yt3.ggpht.com) is classed as mature
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    mhm
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    they have other stuff like goguardian too
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ours mainly relied on the router, I believe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: a