OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some facts for current setup:
  1. WiiFlow 4.2.3
  2. FBA dol file (I'm using is from the RetroArch 1.3.6)
  3. FBA Core loads and runs roms w/ controller inputs (when launching roms from RA 1.3.6)
This is what I can do for FBA source when I click on it:
  1. WiiFlow starts FBA source fine
  2. WiiFlow shows boxes for the roms fine
  3. WiiFlow launches the rom fine
  4. WiiFlow does not take any button input (except home button) after launching rom
What should I check?

P.S. Meant to say "Final Burn Alpha Core" not "Final Burn Emulator".. please change title if any admin watching

Last edited by OleSchool,

soniccomcisbr

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Your .cfg files are corrupted. Thats normally happens if we try different versions of retroarch , specially the older ones, ans let the same .cfg files stays on the folder. Delete the .cfg files and start a new game after that. You need to do that again if you use older core for other systems, for exemple, Im using the 1.0.0.2 for pc engine

OleSchool

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your .cfg files are corrupted. Thats normally happens if we try different versions of retroarch , specially the older ones, ans let the same .cfg files stays on the folder. Delete the .cfg files and start a new game after that. You need to do that again if you use older core for other systems, for exemple, Im using the 1.0.0.2 for pc engine
Thanks soniccomcisbr, but if I delete the cfg I can't play it with my custom setup in retroarch either. But maybe I'm not getting what your saying lol

So example when playing Sunset Riders under FBA core, I have 2 ways to launch the game:

This works
Boot Wii-->launch retroarch-->load FBA core-->load ssriders.zip-->play game

This fails at play game
Boot Wii-->launch WiiFlow4.2.3-->select FBA source-->select ssriders box-->game loads but can't play game

I'll try deleting it tonight after work, but hesitant since the cfg file works for retroarch. Its almost like WiiFlow doesn't know where the cfg is. Should it be in a particular directory?

OleSchool

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, got it to work, but I'm not understanding how it works.
This is what I did:

1) made a backup folder in sd:\wiiflow\plugins\retroarch-wii folder
2) Moved the fb_alpha.dol file (the one WiiFlow was using) from sd:/wiiflow/plugins/retroarch-wii into backup folder above
3) Copied over the sd:\apps\retroarch-wii\Final_Burn_Alpha.dol file (This is the one I was using for retroarch) in sd:\apps\retroarch-wii
4) Updated the sd:\wiiflow\plugins\fb_alpha.ini file, changed the dol file entry to point to the new one in step 3 above

Now my controller inputs and defaults I had setup in FBA core in RA work for FBA source in WiiFlow!
Pretty cool, but now I'm scratching my head. How does WiiFlow know about my button configs that are setup in RA?
Just because I brought over the dol file doesn't mean it knows where/which .cfg file to use right?

Somehow it does, but if anyone can help me understand the how and why I'd be grateful.
Cause now if I want to change my button setup in WiiFlow for a particular source, where would I go, the .cfg in RA, or somewhere else? Hmm....

Last edited by OleSchool,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.