Field sequential color on a Gameboy pocket?

Sharkhunter03

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, greetings, etc.
The rambling of a madman that is the title is a theory that I've had for quite a while, but I only had one semi-successful experiment with. If you don't know much about A/V and optics, I'll explain the title. Field sequential color is color transmitted in the information of primary colors (red, green, blue,) being shown in rapid succession and are fused together by the human eye. This dream of mine started when I was trying to find a way to merge three printed pictures that were taken with a Gameboy camera using three different camera obsura projectors. That didn't work out for one reason or another, so I tried again with two pictures, with red and cyan filters, and I couldn't find a way to merge it correctly. I then remembered reading about the CBS color TV system in an article or on the internet, so this gave me the idea of putting a disk with filters, or just cardboard 3-D glasses, on a DC motor and putting this in front of a Gameboy. I took the two pictures and put them in an animation of them two alternating quickly. When I turned on the motor, I was amazed to see... nothing! It took some thirty seconds until I saw the images in color and, although this was amazing to me, it wasn't a stable color image, because the image faded in and out of semi-full color (the reds were poor, otherwise it was full color) because, I presume, the speed of the motor was different. I was content with this, and I didn't consider experimenting with it until earlier today. Have I gone mad? Should I try something similar today?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs