Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Do you think the Final Fantasy 3 special edition DS Lite will have the cracky hinge problem too? It is white, after all...

Jax

Pip Pip Cheerioink!
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
"FF3 DS Lite on crack"
rofl2.gif

I thought this was a joke topic.

Anyhoo, I don't think so because Nintendo was aware of the hinge problem before they made the FF3 DS.

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I can testify that the new FF3 DS feels a lot more solid compared to my navy blue one I got when DS Lites first were released....however, I have not seen any signs of cracking on my navy blue and that's been beaten on since day 1. The new DS just feels firmer and tighter and the buttons repond a lot better....it's really a nice treat and the ff3 art is just icing on the cake. Then again, the pink ds lite I bought my gf also felt nice and tight in terms of built and overall more solid than my navy blue....however, no cracks and I don't anticipate one because it seems like only the non Japanese DS Lites are experiencing this cracking problem (with some slight exceptions, but the # of reports indicate I believe only 1 Japanese Navy blue experiencing the cracked hinge problem)....and out of all the Japanese DS Lites I've purchased (4 so far, navy blue, white, pink, and ff3 white) I've yet to see any defects people talk about....aka yellow screen, shifty uneven touchpad, crack, directional buton issues etc. Maybe I am fortunate but I still firmly believe although you pay a premium for a Japanese DS Lite.....there might be a reason why in terms of build quality.

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
No.

Posts like this really piss me off.

Where the hell are you basing your statement from? That's one of the biggest problems with these scene -- misinformation given by pseudo-'experts'

If you found his post on recieving his FFIIIDS (woah) he made some statements. If I recall, someone mentioned that it felt sturdier than the regular DS Lite or something like that...

P.S.
Orc ROcks
biggrin.gif

omegatr0n

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Usually i dont get into discusions like this but...Ron55 your fucking retarted...Veho asked if we THOUGHT that the FFIII ds will crack ... someone said NO and you have the gaul to flame...

Wanker...

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Okay, simmer down guys. Geez, wankers here, retards there. Play nice
smile.gif

As to on topic:

I don't think there'd be a problem with cracks forming because I'd assume nintendo has fixed the problem by now.

omegatr0n

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
flaming is bad...but when someone does somethign stupid and is flamed its tolerable...but when someone expresses thier opinion and is flamed...trust me retarted is given a new meaning

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Sorry. :/
I thought the guy was just asking for an opinion if we think it'll crack.

If you're still asking where I'm basing it on, the moment I've recieved my FF3 DS, tama_mog had posted about his FF3 DS and Navy were gonna get equal play time. At first I just wanted to keep it in "mint" condition and not take it out at all but I just said screw it and played FF3 there. I bring it to school, while eating outside and everywhere where I can play FF3. (Right now, I'm trying to max out Viking on Refia and Thief on both Luneth and Ingus.)

What's funny is that it seems alot more solid compared to my other lites (I have a Noble Pink and Enamel Navy too and my gf has an EU Black). Maybe I'm just imagining things maybe not.

I kinda agree with the guy that said it's too early to tell but what I think remains the same;
No. I do not think it will crack.

Reason:
a) I figure Nintendo would take special precautions since this IS a Limited Edition
b) From my experiences so far.

EDIT: I saw a post in the crack thread and I just realized my Navy didn't have that click-click while the pink and white does. Just woke up so I'm gonna have to check on other DSL's later, that new plastic code too if it's true.

Oh and I say it really is alot more solid. Navy here is kinda bendy. But hey I've been playing it since launch and it hasn't cracked anywhere. (Though it has alot of scratches on the cover since I've been abusing it since I ended up with a pink.)

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Haha, I think I should check out this thread after a month or so and give an update if the FF3 ever gets a crack, which I highly doubt.
I'm actually more afraid of scratches or fingerprints. Sucks I already ordered some Hori Screen Protectors for the FF3 but I might get some of these new Hori Protector Filter things or them DS lite Protector body armor shit.
(I think I'm a whore for Hori stuff lol...)

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
How about you don't take the DS out of it's packet if you're scared of damaging it? Just keep it in there the whole time. Or wear gloves and play only in a white room free of dust?

Seriously you buy a product to use and then cover it up with plastic filters and such to make it more ugly and hamper playing ability. Like weird films all over the touch screen. I don't understand it.

If you want to keep it in pristine condition don't take it out of the box, if you plan to play games with it, well....
yaynds.gif

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
How about you don't take the DS out of it's packet if you're scared of damaging it? Just keep it in there the whole time. Or wear gloves and play only in a white room free of dust?

Seriously you buy a product to use and then cover it up with plastic filters and such to make it more ugly and hamper playing ability. Like weird films all over the touch screen. I don't understand it.

If you want to keep it in pristine condition don't take it out of the box, if you plan to play games with it, well....Â
yaynds.gif

True. Hahaha. Actually, I only plan on playing FF3 on it. Beat the game, currently maxing out the jobs on everyone and completing the Onion set for everyone.
smile.gif
However, we'll never know if it will crack if I don't use it. I'ma be a guinea pig yay!... or maybe tama_mog since he's also playing his.

As for where to order... order what? The FF3 DS or the Hori stuff? Well, I order from YesAsia since I live in the Philippines since they're based in HK, I get the stuff usually in a week on the free shipping option. YesAsia has the FF3 DS, Hori Protector DSlite and the Protect Filter on stock (just came out the day before yesterday too.)

Shops like Lik-Sang or Play-Asia probably has them on stock too.

EDIT: Haha, btw... DS-less friends :/ are a pain. I really need something to protect the DS when they borrow it when we have nothing to do but 10-player Tetris DS melee
biggrin.gif
I'll check out some of those silicon protector things, since they aren't adhesive I can take them out after.

Oh and nobody's gonna touch my FF3 DS but me.
rofl2.gif

EDIT2:
ohmy.gif
My sister got one of those silicon protector things. It's nice, pretty semi-translucent. Made by Cyber Gadget too (another good "officially licensed by Nintendo" stuff maker...

:/ somehow they got a product endorsed by Saaya Irie... they should really stop making those kids do those shit. :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @Xdqwerty why cant they do so for the switch :sad:
  • A @ anotherthing:
    Online was free on the 3DS as well, and it worked well.
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I can't help but think nintendo switch online is the reason we did not get a gameboy/n64/gamecube
    mini classic edition
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, i think it would have been impossible to see anything in a gameboy mini
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    well I meant that as a figure of speech
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    they could just rerelease a modern gameboy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    like the pocket analogue
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    but nintendo licensed
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    dammit that thread got moved from offtopic to edge, well since that happened
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, atleast it's still avaliable
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yes but it wasn't meant to be a comedy thread
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and edge of the forum is mostly comedy and games
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so I don't get why it got moved at all
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, mods are probably hating you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    on most sites mods hated me, sooner or later, but usually over time I get either banned or the mods get used to me
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    sometimes to the point of thanking me for my quick actions etc against spam and other stuff, but yea...its either they come to respect me or outright hate me
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If it's not game related, it will be moved to the Egde of the forum. Mods have moved a few of my threads also.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, it was in the off topic chat forum
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Well atleast they didn't delete it completely.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    hmm
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    uoiea
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    huh?
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: huh?