Hacking few n00b questions regarding USB loading and haxchi...

k_huntington

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i like the idea of being able to do the haxchi cold boot set up. the first week i tried this 'wiiu backup playing thing' was with loadiine, but i couldnt try out online multiplayer because of the limitation of the browser hack. i switched to the 'USB through the homebrew web browser exploit local game installation' method after that, and was able to mess around with online at that point. if i do the cold boot haxchi thing, can i still play backups online multiplayer like i can with vanilla OS? or will it behave like loadiine since its booting into another environment?

also, i would love to own fatal frame on retail disc just for my collection. i guess that would lead me to importing the UK version. does haxchi allow for region free disc as well, that way i could actually use the game? or just usb backups only?

and if one has nintendo servers blocked, can one still get game updates? or is that blocked too?

also, i tried the Loadiine method first off because there were several games, i just wanted to try out and see how they worked. after plugging through a through missions/levels/what have you on some of them, i'd like to get physical copies now. is there anyway to migrate the Loadiine SD card save files i have already established to my system memory for physical disc retail game use as well?

thanks for reading :)

jbuck1975

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You CAN play online and multiplayer.
You can update games by downloading the updates with WiiU USB helper. Or disable dns update and reenable dns.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe u can use saviine to transfer saves from loadiine to usb/NAND. just make sure u have a save intact first though.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm basing this assumption on the fact that I was told system config tool's save dumps work with loadiine, and I've already tested system config tool's dumps with saviine, and they work. this should work. u just need to save at least once. saviine will overwrite the save with whatever is in the inject folder. remember to put ur profile folder number in there as well. when I tried saviine, it didn't create it automatically. it's best to dump the temporary save first, because the system will create the title id folder in the inject folder. then, u need to place ur profile folder inside of that followed by the save file(s). I hope that doesn't sound too confusing. it's easy once u do it for the first time. I've never messed with loadiine saves since I've never saved with the app, so it may be even easier depending on how the saves look.

k_huntington

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I found some video tutorials on the ins and outs of saviine, so I guess that will be some light Sunday reading :) I'm just glad I knew what app to even search for, made it much easier to find what I needed. Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: