FEFTwiddler - Fire Emblem Fates Save Editor

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Soaprman, Apr 9, 2016.

1. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    Bye, Felicia. Well, this is a pretty cool update!

2. Vahdokah

Vahdokah Member

Newcomer
    Mar 26, 2017
    United States
    Alright, so i haven't tried installing homebrew before, but if i go into "Initialize Save Data" what does it do? I really don't want to screw this up and brick my only 3ds.

3. whitewolf8

whitewolf8 Resident Lunatic

Jun 22, 2016
    Australia
    woooooah. neaaat. I like this update, yes, yes. I must test it!... in like 500 years. so lazy... ...Still, sweet!

Relic Song likes this.
  4. Natural

Natural GBAtemp Regular

Jul 25, 2014
    United States
    My favorite changes. Thanks.

5. ultimatetemper

ultimatetemper GBAtemp Fan

Dec 30, 2010
    How does the "unlock amiibo chapters" supposed to work?
    If I understood it correctly, you open the chapter file, click "unlock amiibo chapters" and then save and the amiibo chapters are unlocked, right?

Natural likes this.
  6. Natural

Natural GBAtemp Regular

Jul 25, 2014
    United States
    I think so. I'm about to try now. Are map saves edited the same way as Chapter saves? I extract the save with JKSV and then open the ChapterX with FEFTwiddler, correct?

It didn't work for me. I don't see the Amiibo Chapters on the World Map.

Last edited by Natural, Apr 4, 2017
  7. ultimatetemper

ultimatetemper GBAtemp Fan

Dec 30, 2010
    Same here, maybe you'll need to complete a level in order for the map to be updated?

8. Natural

Natural GBAtemp Regular

Jul 25, 2014
    United States
    I edited my save during in between a chapter but I'll try that.

9. Soaprman
    OP

Soaprman GBAtemp Regular

Apr 9, 2016
    United States
    Georgia, USA
    Map save editing might be a little wonky. They're basically Chapter saves with a bit more stuff in there, and FEFTwiddler currently gives them almost no special treatment.

If you're still having trouble with unlocking the amiibo chapters, upload your save and I'll take a look sometime this week.

10. Natural

Natural GBAtemp Regular

Jul 25, 2014
    United States
    Here's my save.

Attached Files:

11. JordenNixNix

JordenNixNix GBAtemp Regular

Feb 11, 2012
    Belgium
    Unlocking the Amiibo chapters doesn't seems to work for me as well (Conquest, Birthright and Revelations).
    And the castle editor doesn't work correctly on my Revelation file. It shows the correct map but it's completely empty without any buildings.
    I uploaded my save file(s) in order to help you making this program even better. I hope you can find a way to get the Amiibo chapter unlocker working,
    it should be nice to end Fire Emblem Fates with it.

I am using the European version of Fire Emblem Fates: Special Edition.
    Chapter0 = Birthright (used the time travel feature)
    Chapter1 = Conquest
    Chapter2= Revelations

Attached Files:

12. Soaprman
    OP

Soaprman GBAtemp Regular

Apr 9, 2016
    United States
    Georgia, USA
    Thanks for the saves, guys! Turns out it was a simple fix: I had accidentally removed the code that connects the button to the stuff it does at some point. It should work now.

Version 0.18.1: https://github.com/Soaprman/FEFTwiddler/releases/tag/0.18.1

@JordenNixNix: I'll look into the building stuff. The way the program currently reads the building data could currently best be described as a drunken stumble, so it's nice to have a save where it doesn't work to aid in development.

Last edited by Soaprman, Apr 6, 2017
    JordenNixNix and Natural like this.
  13. Natural

Natural GBAtemp Regular

Jul 25, 2014
    United States
    Thank you. I really appreciate your work.

@JordenNixNix @ultimatetemper Looks like the problem is fixed.

Oh yah, there was another problem I forgot to tell you about. When you use the Mega Cheat that allows you to use Heart Seals to change into DLC classes it affects the amount of money you have to pay to purchase skills from other people's My Castle after beating them.

I just tested it and it's definitely the Heart Seals to DLC Classes Mega Cheat. The amount of Gold needed goes to 499,999G.

Attached Files:

Last edited by Natural, Apr 7, 2017
  14. Samsonb79

Samsonb79 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 6, 2017
    United States
    Anyone know how I can change the name of generic captured units? I tried looking in RawEndBlock because that's usually where corrin's name is stored but its grayed out, maybe there is another place where it's stored?

15. Grima

Grima GBAtemp Regular

Jul 2, 2016
    United States
    That's found in the actual game files, meaning it can't be changed with save editing. Should you be interested in changing it though, it's in m/@E/GameData. FEAT can decompress and recompress the file for use in game.

16. scorcher9009

scorcher9009 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 19, 2016
    United States
    I think what Samsonb means is how you change which randomly selected name is chosen for the generic unit. For example: Changing the name of a generic Soldier from Bernd to Virgil.

17. jimslims

jimslims Member

Newcomer
    Apr 5, 2017
    United States
    somewhere
    Is it possible to just get every item into your convoy instead of doing it individually?

18. ArkhamK27

ArkhamK27 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 5, 2017
    Mexico
    Hello there
    I am currently using the editor to put children hair colors from "heirs of fate dlc" in the children of my save files, and it actually worked
    This might seem stupid, but does anyone know how to change their color in the "private quarters" skinship cutscenes or watever they are called?
    I married Laslow to Peri, and I got blue-haired Soleil, I changed her color to the original art pink, but in private quarters, it still looks blue.

19. JordenNixNix

JordenNixNix GBAtemp Regular

Feb 11, 2012
    Belgium
    In order to get the correct hair colour in "private quarters" for siblings, you need to change the hair colour of the mother to that colour.
    This won't change anything visible to the mother, but is needed in order to set the inherited hair colour correctly.
    (I'm not sure but I think it doesn't work for Shigure, never tried it either for him)

ArkhamK27 likes this.
  20. Samsonb79

Samsonb79 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 6, 2017
    United States
    also wondering, is it possible to enable supports for characters illegal to your current route (and revelation gunter)? I know it is possible to edit the support levels directly from the editor but is is possible to allow the supports to develop in game? or can that not be achieved with save editing?

refer to this: https://imgur.com/a/4cceB (second image)