FE Fates USA: Custom Playable Characters DLC

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by DeathChaos25, Apr 8, 2016.

1. HY0

HY0 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 28, 2017
    United States
    In every screen, they're greyed out making them unusable. Sorry, I'm just assuming I can't use them until Chapter 16 because that's the chapter when you can start summoning amiibo units.

2. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    That's really odd. o.o You should be able to use them after you have access to the Dragon's Gate.

3. HY0

HY0 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 28, 2017
    United States
    hmm, i'll look more into it. Thanks for the help though!

EDIT: I'm so stupid, disregard my previous statements.

Last edited by HY0, Feb 13, 2017
  4. FalcoMicky

FalcoMicky Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 20, 2016
    Would this work on a European copy of the game? If not, is anyone aware of anything like this that adds characters like mikoto/garon/arete for a EU game?

5. Ishtiaq1234

Ishtiaq1234 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 22, 2016
    United Kingdom
    Somewhere with trees and buildings
    it works just use extdata method

Last edited by Ishtiaq1234, Mar 8, 2017
    FalcoMicky likes this.
  6. FalcoMicky

FalcoMicky Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 20, 2016
    ty :)

7. FalcoMicky

FalcoMicky Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 20, 2016
    Where do I put the extdata files? XD

8. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    Use JKSM to extract your extdata files. Find the folder on your SD card that you created with JKSM and move those extdata files you downloaded to that folder. Then use JKSM to import that extdata.

9. MattVM

MattVM Member

Newcomer
    Feb 20, 2017
    Brazil
    Guys, does this work with Citra? Is there any way we can play dlc or have the extras and amiibo characters playing with Citra at all?
    Thanks a lot in advance.

10. FalcoMicky

FalcoMicky Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 20, 2016
    Did those steps, on JKSM however, when i click on Extra Data Options, there is an error opening ExtData! (Title may not use it). And if i run HANS, there is an invalidated icache :/

11. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    Do you have a save file in the extra slots on your game?

12. FalcoMicky

FalcoMicky Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 20, 2016
    No, just slot 1 on the first column

13. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    If you have any of the DLC paths downloaded, try putting a save file in the extra data slots. I can't help you much further because I haven't used JKSM to extract extdata for an EU game.

14. FalcoMicky

FalcoMicky Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 20, 2016
    I have none of the dlc on this 3ds (have homebrew one an older ds incase i brick it, and all the dlc on a new 3dsxl). That's okay, thanks for the help :)

15. Ishtiaq1234

Ishtiaq1234 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 22, 2016
    United Kingdom
    Somewhere with trees and buildings
    since you have no dlc start a chapter, begin the battle and save in battle because it saves in extdata then do KunoichiZ's steps

Last edited by Ishtiaq1234, Mar 10, 2017
  16. Light_Strategist

Light_Strategist Member

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2017
    So, using the ExtData and FEFTwiddler method, I've added the units to my save but I notice that aspects of them don't seem to unload when they need to, for example, when someone joins you in the Hot Spring before you leave if Frederick or Chrom for example were already in there, they'd still be there when whoever shows up next.

Additionally, the Accessory Shop seems to struggle to understand how they work properly, sometimes leaving the characters present when I've switched to someone else. Although Chrom hiding in Frederick's armour is hilarious, it's difficult to see what I'm doing with say Azura or Odin beneath the two of them not having unloaded.

Also, the game can't seem to understand how to undress them for viewing the swimsuits or what have you. Chrom for example looked particularly odd with his skin occasionally patching through his clothes like they were tattered.

My only other concern is on the matter of a lack of supports but I think there was a statement of them not being done so if that's the case, I won't dwell on it.

17. DeathChaos25
    OP

DeathChaos25 Unmei wo kaeru!

Oct 21, 2015
    This is because of how IS made the Cutscene only Asset IDs function (which is what everyone who doesn't change models on reclassing has).

Basically, by being a cutscene only Asset ID, the game is unable to alter their body model's appearance in any way at all, which is why the odd behavior happens.
    Same with the Accessory shop, it loads every Asset IDs into memory in a different way than the game normally does, so that it can delete and load a new character by simply modifying the AID that was loaded, but because the cutscene only AIDs cannot be manipulated, the game is unable to unload them.

18. Light_Strategist

Light_Strategist Member

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2017
    So could you hypothetically grant the characters a regular asset type body to match a basic unit from the game's code to fix that by copying the files from other units? Like Mercenaries for example? If only to cure the visual issues in areas like the Hot Spring (which in itself isn't particularly bad because it just seems like they enjoy the Hot Spring and wanna stick around for a bit longer) and the Accessory shop which really causes problems.

I suppose it's likely that you've tried something like that but I figure it's best to find out firsthand.

19. Lalaya

Lalaya Member

Newcomer
    Feb 25, 2017
    Italy
    Ok, so I tried this pack with a FE Special Edition EUR (with the Extdata transfer), installed the DLC and it won't give me the Cipher characters, also the Witch calls herself "Outrealmer"; everything else looks fine (always lv1 tho?)

edit: the entire Cipher/Amiibo pack don't work

Last edited by Lalaya, Mar 23, 2017
  20. Lack_282

Lack_282 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 29, 2017
    United States
    Yeah, 6.5 Cipher + Amiibo only gives Chrom, Frederick, and Lissa