ROM Hack Fe Fates Save Hex Editing Guide

magikarpnoms

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've done that in Awakening so I don't think it would be impossible. If you do try it, you would have to overwrite a unit (logbook ones work). It would be easier to get a logbook copy of the unit in question and remove the shield. You could add the block as an additional one but I don't know exactly how to do that. If you are successful make sure to report back and I will add your findings to the OP.
Edit: If you do overwrite a character, make sure to delete ALL of the overwrote character block.

If I get a logbook copy of the unit in question and removed the shield, is there anyway to insert the supports back in as well?

Edit: So I was able to mess around with Hexvalues using the FEFTwiddler and got it to work. You have to have a copy of that specific unit in your current save file, whether it be the legitimate character or a copy from the unitlog. I was able to get 2 characters I was missing from the unitlog (characters are in my Conquest file and wanted them in Revelations) and opened both files up on Twiddler. Then I went to the character compared the hexvalues in RawBlock1, RawBlock2 and RawBlock3. In RawBlocks 1 and 3, I copied every hex value from the original version of the character (my Conquest file) onto the one you want to edit (generally the unitlog/my Revelations file). RawBlock2 should be the same so I never had to touch that. Even though you can't edit the support value on the Twiddler editor, supports still work (just tried it out 5 minutes ago). As you can tell, I'm still relatively new to hex editing so don't mind me if I say something that sounds stupid haha. But yeah that's what I've found so far.

Edit 2: I have included the sample photo to follow along with what I did and see the different values.

Attachments

• Example.png
    Example.png
    24 KB · Views: 900
Last edited by magikarpnoms,
Reactions: kamesenin888

Omegablu

We shall not yield to the Kingdom of Nohr!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I get a logbook copy of the unit in question and removed the shield, is there anyway to insert the supports back in as well?

Edit: So I was able to mess around with Hexvalues using the FEFTwiddler and got it to work. You have to have a copy of that specific unit in your current save file, whether it be the legitimate character or a copy from the unitlog. I was able to get 2 characters I was missing from the unitlog (characters are in my Conquest file and wanted them in Revelations) and opened both files up on Twiddler. Then I went to the character compared the hexvalues in RawBlock1, RawBlock2 and RawBlock3. In RawBlocks 1 and 3, I copied every hex value from the original version of the character (my Conquest file) onto the one you want to edit (generally the unitlog/my Revelations file). RawBlock2 should be the same so I never had to touch that. Even though you can't edit the support value on the Twiddler editor, supports still work (just tried it out 5 minutes ago). As you can tell, I'm still relatively new to hex editing so don't mind me if I say something that sounds stupid haha. But yeah that's what I've found so far.

Edit 2: I have included the sample photo to follow along with what I did and see the different values.
Logbook units are almost identical to ordi ary ones. They even have support levels (meaning their support ranks and points with other characters) retained in some cases. The easier way to go about what you did would be to obtain a copy of that unit from the logbook and zero it's logbook bytes. As for what supports they have unlocked that is written to the ROM itself. All characters have a part of the ROM that says what paths they can support in.

Chaos8425

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Crap... I'm still too much of a noob to understand all of this. Can someone please tell me how to hex edit my avatar's s rank support from Azura to Soleil? (revelations)(and if you can, through fe twiddler)

T_rexdex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I changed some generic characters into the amiibo characters, is there anyway I can fix their models/ character portraits?

T_rexdex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did and they are stuck with this model. And I am post there hex edit information also.

Attachments

• File May 02, 4 45 48 PM.jpeg
    File May 02, 4 45 48 PM.jpeg
    847.4 KB · Views: 713
  • 2d97e21c0adc1a57ebd0f2ccdcf1ba51.png
    2d97e21c0adc1a57ebd0f2ccdcf1ba51.png
    58.4 KB · Views: 621

T_rexdex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You never changed the character ID. The ID is still Captured Oni Savage. Change that to the desired amiibo id and remove the Einherjar and shield marks if you want.
I guess I kept changing the wrong values, thank you for the help!

Geeta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Sorry if this has been answered but I need to change my personal character's name.
I put her a japanese name cuz I was playing it before it came to America on my Gateway but now after transfered my save data to an american FEF my name became "????" so what can I do? D:
Thanks & sorry for my bad english.

Omegablu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this has been answered but I need to change my personal character's name.
I put her a japanese name cuz I was playing it before it came to America on my Gateway but now after transfered my save data to an american FEF my name became "????" so what can I do? D:
Thanks & sorry for my bad english.
The diagram should show where the name is stored. Just change the values to look similar to the photo (except with the name you want).

Geeta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
The diagram should show where the name is stored. Just change the values to look similar to the photo (except with the name you want).
But I don't know how to do that. Because if your image appears "C.o.r.r.i.n" but I don't see "?.?.?.?" or "Y.U.N.E" anywhere. I guess I can't see it because "YUNE" it's written with romaji. :/

Omegablu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But I don't know how to do that. Because if your image appears "C.o.r.r.i.n" but I don't see "?.?.?.?" or "Y.U.N.E" anywhere. I guess I can't see it because "YUNE" it's written with romaji. :/
The reason that the diagram shows C.o.r.r.i.n and not Corrin is because kanji takes up two bytes in hex. If you're not using a hex editor that supports Japanese characters, then the text field will look like garbage data in the spot where the name is. Use the diagram and count down from any landmark in your avatar's block to the spot where the name should be.

Laith K

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone have the list of skills and their hex values, but they have their localized names?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)