Homebrew FCE Ultra GX Mod [Preview + WiiUPro + ScreenShot button]

Burnt Lasagna

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's correct. However, I don't think FCEU was really RAM starved in the first place, so I don't think you'll see much a difference in terms of performance.

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
That would benefit the Gamecube, though (sometimes graphics start to be missing in the gui). Any chance for a GCN build? Thanks!

DNL23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm actually looking to use the final version of that palette. This one has v.0.5, but I think the final version of the unsaturated palette is v0.6

http://www.firebrandx.com/nespalette.html

EDIT: That said I just tested it out & the palette is leagues more accurate than the default palette. Looks just like I remember from when I was a kid.

I'm getting an error when I try to set a screenshot though. How do I fix that?

Last edited by DNL23,

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I'm actually looking to use the final version of that palette. This one has v.0.5, but I think the final version of the unsaturated palette is v0.6

http://www.firebrandx.com/nespalette.html

EDIT: That said I just tested it out & the palette is leagues more accurate than the default palette. Looks just like I remember from when I was a kid.

I'm getting an error when I try to set a screenshot though. How do I fix that?
Check if the screenshots folder is present, and point to it in the emu's config.

DDinghoya

Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Would you please provide language master templete of 3.3.8 for translation?

Because, Source Code 3.3.8 and source of github's each lang file not applied the newest. And, I hope perfect translation for FCE Ultra GX.

Added) Solved this. :)

Last edited by DDinghoya,

ngs428

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the latest version linked in the first post? Looks like there was a bunch of discussion after the last version was posted in the first post.

shatterhand

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just wanted to point out that the differences between the unsaturated v5 and v6 palettes are easily visible when looking at the sky in the first level of Super Mario Bros. 3. With unsaturated v5, the sky is more of a neutral cyan and with unsaturated v6, the sky is more of a greenish cyan. I was also playing Super Mario Bros. 3 over composite on an actual NES on my Trinitron CRT and the sky in the first level of Super Mario Bros. 3 looks exactly as it does with the unsaturated v6 palette. Other than that I didn't really spot any differences between the v5 and v6 palettes. I played multiple games on my actual NES over composite and those same games running in Fceu gx really do look very close to the real thing when using the unsaturated v6 palette with any differences being pretty minor.

Also, as a suggestion, I would still keep the other palettes around just so we have the option to use them. I actually prefer the "vivid' and "fceu" palettes in certain games because I like how they add a little bit of life to the colors. The unsaturated palettes are accurate but in some games, they make the colors look so dull and that is simply because the color palette of an actual NES running over RF/Composite is a bit dull. The VC palettes are the ones I never use because they always look way to dark? Are there some TVs where the VC palettes look decent? If not, I would recommend getting rid of them.

Zopenko

Link He come to town Come to save the Princess Z
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yep sorry
Need to update app to add different folder selection for images (ala snesgx)
And the palette clean up

Maybe this weekend? :)

marmalade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey zopenko, I have a small request for both fce ultra gx and snes9xgx - the space that lists the names of the cheats is a bit small, could this be expanded to fit more of the window? it would make some longer cheats more legible

and shatterhand, I personally like the virtual console palettes because I play the virtual console games, so thats what Ive become comfortable with on the wii system - I switch between virtual console and emulator a lot

XploitOcelot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there and thanks for your amazing work!
Could I request some instructions at the main post on how to prepare a proper cover folder with dimensions for the pics and so on?

Zopenko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
hey zopenko, I have a small request for both fce ultra gx and snes9xgx - the space that lists the names of the cheats is a bit small, could this be expanded to fit more of the window? it would make some longer cheats more legible

and shatterhand, I personally like the virtual console palettes because I play the virtual console games, so thats what Ive become comfortable with on the wii system - I switch between virtual console and emulator a lot
Hi @marmalade

I did increase the cheat name list and also added a text scroll if the name is still too large on the nes emu

On the snes emu the text cheat name is managed differently and I could not increase nor scroll it

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Zopenko, I notice that whenever I change settings in your 3.3.9 beta, they never save when I exit the program.
Hi @shatterhand
I'll take a look at the settings save

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hi there and thanks for your amazing work!
Could I request some instructions at the main post on how to prepare a proper cover folder with dimensions for the pics and so on?
I will update. Thanks for the suggestion

marmalade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for increasing the nes cheats - its odd the snes is handled differently

the nes cheats have been always weird for me, and having certain nes cheats for certain games will freeze the wii on game bootup, so I had to remove them - if the nes cheats could in somehow be handled the same way as the snes (which is more stable) it could possibly be better

tho I dont know the feasibility of this, this is my observation

Last edited by marmalade,

shatterhand

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, Zopenko. Keep up the good work. Also, I wanted to point out that text looks different in your 3.3.9 beta compared to the previous versions.

Zopenko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thanks, Zopenko. Keep up the good work. Also, I wanted to point out that text looks different in your 3.3.9 beta compared to the previous versions.
Hi @shatterhand
I think i was playing the korean font file on the emu file. I'll compile it with the normal font

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Zopenko, I notice that whenever I change settings in your 3.3.9 beta, they never save when I exit the program.
Haven't had problems here, even when starting from zero with the emulator config. Are you using some kind of forwarder or loader, maybe?

the nes cheats have been always weird for me, and having certain nes cheats for certain games will freeze the wii on game bootup, so I had to remove them - if the nes cheats could in somehow be handled the same way as the snes (which is more stable) it could possibly be better

tho I dont know the feasibility of this, this is my observation
I experienced this. I was puzzled at first and took me a couple of hours to identify what made the game to not work anymore. Attached is an example of a cheat file that makes the game crash (change the extension to .cht before copying), i wonder if it's fixable.

Attachments

• Mega Man 3 (USA).txt
    1.7 KB · Views: 283
Reactions: marmalade

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know the topic is kind of old, but I've always had a weird issue with Joshua and the Battle of Jericho (unlicensed Bible game, but a REALLY good puzzle game). The game itself works fine, but the trivia questions in between stages are always scrambled. I've only ever encountered this on the Wii version of FCEU, and it works fine in the desktop version. Not sure if this is something that can be addressed by updating the emulator itself within the app, but I thought I'd bring it up since it seems Zopenko is keeping these emulators alive (which I greatly appreciate). ^_^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    I'm much more on the killing floor :x
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Imagine that every Pokemon game is the exact same but with slight tweaks.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, I'm not much of a gaymer, more-so a creator.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    @SylverReZ Syl my beloved :bow: gm
    +1
    It is friday
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Last time I played a game was hmmm... can't exactly recall. :wacko:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he...