Hacking FBI - failed to install cia

Blakinu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That's normally caused by a bad download, or having a bad ticket for the title already installed. Quickest solution if it's a bad ticket is open FBI, go to Tickets, find the game titleid, press "A" and select Delete Ticket. Then try re-installing the CIA file.

If that doesn't work, it may be a bad CIA file.

Nice! It finally worked, thanks a lot ^o^

Just in case someone has the same problem Ill post what I did:

- Had SD problems becouse it timed out whenever I try to put the .cia file
- So I renamed it to a shorter name like MH4EUR.cia, now doesn't give any errors
- I put the .cia on sd and go into FBI 2.2.1
- Do what drakia told me, remove the ticket for my ID, in this case 0004000000126100, should be something like this
- Install the .cia without removing it and should work

ImCarlosGG

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain

- So I renamed it to a shorter name like MH4EUR.cia, now doesn't give any errors
- Do what drakia told me, remove the ticket for my ID, in this case 0004000000126100, should be something like this

Could anyone help me? I still get the same error after trying this :unsure:.

2pairofaces

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it's a different game, as long as it's not a dub or uncensored release (i.e. it IS a legit normal game), just install and use freeshop. Then no more cia problems.

HelloDaddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hey! i just joined this site. I also got the same problem. I have tried to delete the title, but i dont find it on the titles. Can someone help Me? thanks!

YungChum

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thanks dude I was having the save exact problem. I'm going to try this out right now.

Whatdo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, i'm having the same problems on 11.2.0.35U trying to install any .CIA files. I can't install Big Blue menu since I get the same error code, and I followed what blankinu did, but i'm not even seeing the matching ticket numbers for my cias either.

EDIT: Went around this by installing CFW into my 3ds. Anyone willing to try can go through this process as I did: https://3ds.guide/decrypt9-(homebrew-launcher) (start here and click the continue to... button on the bottom of the directions until you reach the end).

Last edited by Whatdo,

Evolkaiser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I'm having the exact same problem OP had, I dumped my pokemon moon catridge into a cia and have tried installing many times after deleting tickets and keep getting the same error, this is weird because a few days ago I installed a randomized pokemon cia without problems but had to delete because I messed up some settings

Edit: Tried a different game and still getting the same problme

Last edited by Evolkaiser,

DiFerrari

Trophies
XP
Country

sorry but... how did you know the ticket number of the game you´re trying to install??

D

Deleted User

I tried this already but it did not work! I deleted the tickets but it still does the same problem. What should I do? I make sure it is the correct ticket number. I renamed is. I tried looking up the names and tickets. Please help! :(

Edit: The only cia file that has worked so far is a New Super Mario Bros 2 cia. All the cia files have not worked, including the FBI cia!

Last edited by ,

demist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having same problem with installing any Shin Megami Tensei game. There is no matching ticket in the ticket directory. Managed to install Pokemon ORAS and that's about it.

vinstage

sweg
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
Having same problem with installing any Shin Megami Tensei game. There is no matching ticket in the ticket directory. Managed to install Pokemon ORAS and that's about it.
Try a different CIA, from a different site. Had to do this often. Managed to find a Shin Megami Tensei (hoping we're talking about the same one) CIA that works. So there's one out there :')

Hawkadium

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Same issue here. Tried all the tips here and three different games, i.Pilot Wings ii.Yoshi's New Island and iii.Mega Man Legacy Collection. I get the same error on all three. My FBI is 2.52.0, which is odd because the latest release from GitHub is 2.4.8. I am on a New 3DS XL, 11.2.0.35-E

I did some research and I am apparently using a modded FBI from RayFireFist, link here.

What do ya'll think? Should I continue with this version or go for the downgrade?

Sukram

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello to all,

I got a Special Problem with my 3DS. I Installed Luma by this TUT https://3ds.guide/ Got a O3DS 9.2.0-20E. The Problem is, I can not Install any CIA whatever it is. It always gives me an error like:

NAME: DSP1.cia
Attributes: Archives
Size: 234,44
Title ID: 0004000000D59100
Version: 0 (0.0.0)
Region: Region Free
Installed Size: 384.00KiB

ERROR

Failed to install CIA File.
Result code: 0xD9004589
Level: Permanent (27)
Summary: Wrong Argument (8)
Module: FS(17)
Desc: <unknown> (393)

Also, if I try to to open up "Safehax", it gives me an error "An Exception Occured". Look at Screenshot please.

eee.jpg.html
https://picload.org/view/rwirglwa/eee.jpg.html

What went wrong? Hope anybody can help me :( THX

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, if I try to to open up "Safehax", it gives me an error "An Exception Occured". Look at Screenshot please.

eee.jpg.html
https://picload.org/view/rwirglwa/eee.jpg.html

What went wrong? Hope anybody can help me :( THX
For the second one: There is absolutely no point in using Safehax if you already have A9LH/B9S and Luma installed. It's crashing because Safehax is expecting a non-CFW environment.

For the CIA installation: Not sure, but it might have something to do with games that require 9.6+, and you're still on 9.2. You may want to consider upgrading.

Mbookus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Um i could use some help, trying to install a cia of Donkey Kong Country returns 3d (i want to have it on 3ds intead of physical ) but i get result code 0xC86044D2 can anyone help?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @AncientBoi my condolences to both of you +1