Homebrew Fbi "an exception occured"

Alexkid935

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, i'm Really new to the cfw scene, having only used soundhax before. anyways, I was following the 11.2 guide for cfw on 3ds.guide as closely as possible. As far as I can tell, I followed it word for word, but when I ran FBI in the finalization process ( section IV step 1 on 3ds.guide ), I got the error that an exception had occured. I don't know why or how it happened and any help would be much appreciated :D (image of error screen posted as well if anyone needs it) http://imgur.com/ZegQres

Last edited by Alexkid935,

Alexkid935

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: I just tried running another homebrew application and see that all apps are effected by this, not just fbi

pu1se80

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting the same problem. Not had this problem before and I'm following the same tutorial.

Alexkid935

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting the same problem. Not had this problem before and I'm following the same tutorial.
That's unfortunate, but at least now I know that I'm not alone in this problem. I agree with Tenshi_Okami that it's most likely a luma3ds problem, but at this point after I've updated, I don't know how to go back.

D

Deleted User

So after you injected FBI with godmode9 you can't install any CIA files.Mabe it has something to do with the version of b9s you installed since luma 8.0 only runs off of b9s 1.2 and is still kind of in a beta stage.

Eviashi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Nope, the FBI.3dsx is on 3ds folder, following the guide with Rosalina menu; it doesn't ask you to inject FBI via godmode9

Eviashi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
For the people having this issue, you can install the FBI injecting it with Decrypt9WIP, first you dump hs.app and use the Universal-Inject-Generator to create the .app, then restore the original hs.app and then continue with the 3ds guide, thanks @Ominous66521 for the idea ;D.

Reactions: Deleted User

liberion

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
For the people having this issue, you can install the FBI injecting it with Decrypt9WIP, first you dump hs.app and use the Universal-Inject-Generator to create the .app, then restore the original hs.app and then continue with the 3ds guide, thanks @Ominous66521 for the idea ;D.
Hi, Eviashi, I've run into the same problem exactly. I'm new to B9s and have tried to follow your resolution. But how can I start the Decrypt9WIP since it needs to be launched through .3dsx but loading any .3dsx file will cause a crash? I'd be grateful if you can give more specific steps.

Eviashi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If you download the complete folder from Decrypt9WIP, there is a file named Decrypt9WIP.firm, you can launch that file as a payload, look at luma 3DS wiki for more on how to load those.

sroemr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome! Thanks a lot, worked like a charm. I am also on 11.2 so must be a issue with that OFW and Luma.

For those who want an exact step by step process:

Download Decrypt9WIP and Universal Inject Generator.
Put the Decrypt9WIP.firm in the luma/payloads folder
Hold start and turn the 3DS on
Choose Decrypt9 and hit A
Go to SystemNAND then into Miscellanous and choose to dump Health & Safety, it will dump it to the root of the SD
Unmount the SD card and insert it in your computer
Unzip Universal Inject Generator and place the hs.app and fbi.cia into the input folder
Click go.bat
Take FBI_inject_with_banner.app and put it onto the root of your SD
Insert the SD card and hit B
Go to Miscellaneous and choose Health & Safety Inject
Input the key combination
Choose your nearly created .app and hit A to inject
Hit start to reboot
FBI is now the Health & Safety app
To revert back just take the original hs.app and inject it as the Health and Safety

Reactions: Thirdeyechai

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1