Maz7006

iSEXu
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Noticed this error cropping up on me lately.

Setup:

RGH 360 Elite
FALCON
Original 120Gb HDD
Ace V2 glitch chip
Dash 16767

Did an intensive search, didn't find a concrete answer as to "why it happens" - at this point i guess it can be a multitude of things

N.B I've noticed this mainly in CoD games. I made sure the dlc i have downloaded for it is clean and all TU applied as necessary ( even when i'm not playing the dlc it still happens for those games). It happens at random points. I may be playing for a few hours or just 15 mins regardless of how hectic or intensive the game itself gets.

Not sure if that can shed light on anything

Any help or insight would be appreciated.

(Eyes on you DinohScene)

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noticed this error cropping up on me lately.

Setup:

RGH 360 Elite
FALCON
Original 120Gb HDD
Ace V2 glitch chip
Dash 16767

Did an intensive search, didn't find a concrete answer as to "why it happens" - at this point i guess it can be a multitude of things

N.B I've noticed this mainly in CoD games. I made sure the dlc i have downloaded for it is clean and all TU applied as necessary ( even when i'm not playing the dlc it still happens for those games). It happens at random points. I may be playing for a few hours or just 15 mins regardless of how hectic or intensive the game itself gets.

Not sure if that can shed light on anything

Any help or insight would be appreciated.

(Eyes on you DinohScene)

Ok this used to happen to me either your hard drive is gonna kick the bucket or needs to be formatted or you just need a fresh install of FSD and dash launch ooooor the really bad probability is your consoles gpu or cpu is is over heating due to lack of thermal paste.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I've got a Falcon RGH, it very rarely spits out Fatal crashes.
Just reboot it.

What you could do optionally is reinstall FSD.
Try GOD versions of COD games (or stop playing COD games ;p)

I'd say follow me tut on installing FSD (replace the Dashlaunch version with the recent one as I still need to update the ISO)
See if that helps.

Reactions: Xenon Hacks

emmanu888

6 years and still going strong
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't have a RGH Xbox 360 but, maybe try something graphics intensive? Bayonetta comes to mind, try XBLA games as well and maybe Battlefield just to see if it does the same as COD.

Maz7006

iSEXu
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
To clear the confusion I meant from my intial post that a graphic intense game doesn't seem to be causing this.

I always use GOD rips so I guess we can rule that out?

Had a lengthy weekend, did a complete HDD wipe and fresh download and installs of fsd, DashLaunch, what have you.

So far so good.

I believe the problems stems from games that have DLC; I guess my HDD fragmentation was just unacceptable. If anyone is facing this issue then I really recommend doing fresh installs or using a USB/external to install your DLC.

Maz7006

iSEXu
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Would rather bump this thread than starting a new one.

SO after getting through the Fatal Crash Error issues I'm now experiencing freezing in games; have to hard reset.

They occur every 15 minutes or so; i can't play a single game for more than 1 hr at best.

Did some searching around found this elusive website (i wouldn't try this looks to be shoddy and not so credible)

http://falconfreeze.weebly.com/

(other forums post similar solutions)

What i understood: The console is more or less overheating but only for a brief few seconds as a result the Xbox basically shuts itself off to prevent damage. That being said that brief moment can be extended to something less stringent by mucking around with the SMC settings. (something I've noticed you can do with dashlaunch ever since 3.01)

Would like to know if there is anything updated other than what i linked (it dates to 2013) and what is the logistics behind it ? As in why is this happening ?

Any advice or help? Had just about enough with this Xbox. Was thinking to just get a Corona.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would rather bump this thread than starting a new one.

SO after getting through the Fatal Crash Error issues I'm now experiencing freezing in games; have to hard reset.

They occur every 15 minutes or so; i can't play a single game for more than 1 hr at best.

Did some searching around found this elusive website (i wouldn't try this looks to be shoddy and not so credible)

http://falconfreeze.weebly.com/

(other forums post similar solutions)

What i understood: The console is more or less overheating but only for a brief few seconds as a result the Xbox basically shuts itself off to prevent damage. That being said that brief moment can be extended to something less stringent by mucking around with the SMC settings. (something I've noticed you can do with dashlaunch ever since 3.01)

Would like to know if there is anything updated other than what i linked (it dates to 2013) and what is the logistics behind it ? As in why is this happening ?

Any advice or help? Had just about enough with this Xbox. Was thinking to just get a Corona.

Do you have a fan mod installed an what temp is FSD showing for your console?

Maz7006

iSEXu
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks for the suggestions

Ripped the box open the tape i was using to hold the back wire came off and the wire was hanging. Secured it better now. Tried playing froze again within 30 mins.

My temps reach 79 for the gpu and my ram much less, i know thats a bit warm but considering where i live it isn't bad.

I gave the smc settings a try (followed that link exactly) noticed the xbox is running slightly cooler. Still test playing. Hope it did the trick.

If not i'll replace the thermal paste and try the 12v fan mods

Maz7006

iSEXu
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have them at 40%, any louder is very loud (i know your guide and various others recommend otherwise) but I live in a humid country so regardless of fan speed i'm almost always going to have a toasty temperature

I'm almost 1 hour into Alice Madness Returns, no freezing yet

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have them at 40%, any louder is very loud (i know your guide and various others recommend otherwise) but I live in a humid country so regardless of fan speed i'm almost always going to have a toasty temperature

I'm almost 1 hour into Alice Madness Returns, no freezing yet

Good to hear

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hmm, have you snipped away the back mesh on the fans?
You also could saw a hole or slot pattern (similar to the Slim) above the secondary GPU heatsink.
That should help airflow as well.
That way, the console will cool down more and make a bit less noise ;]

Installing a 40mm fan and fitting it on the secondary GPU heatsink is optional.
It'll lower temparatures a bit if you've got it on 7v.

I personally prefer noise over heat.
Just turn up the volume a bit more ;p

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, have you snipped away the back mesh on the fans?
You also could saw a hole or slot pattern (similar to the Slim) above the secondary GPU heatsink.
That should help airflow as well.
That way, the console will cool down more and make a bit less noise ;]

Installing a 40mm fan and fitting it on the secondary GPU heatsink is optional.
It'll lower temparatures a bit if you've got it on 7v.

I personally prefer noise over heat.
Just turn up the volume a bit more ;p

same my 360 sounds like a jet engine on a plane about to take off but its never over heated

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
70% here, even in the midst of summer, temps never go over 60.
When I was at me ex, his room temp was in the high 20's, not to mention the 360 not having the optimum airflow.
Hours of Infinite later and the temperatures still are quite cool.
Seeing the conditions it was operating in.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.