OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tbb043
I use the Homebrew channel. I'll give forwarder channels a try ^^

jonthedit
NTFS is better than FAT32? I'll give that a try too (If I can find a way to format without loosing data)

jonthedit

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
NTFS is better than FAT32? I'll give that a try too (If I can find a way to format without loosing data)

What exactly are you trying to do?
If you want to use your drive for more than just Wii, while still being able to use the drive to play Wii games, then NTFS is the way to go.
There are no 4gb caps like in FAT32, however NTFS will not work with DIOS-MIOS, so keep that in mind if you wish to play GC games via USB.
Also, I highly recommend backing up and just formatting it yourself.
How big is your drive?

Zymf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So it is not only me that has this problem?

I have tried changing the format to NTSF and use a forwarder channel to load WiiFlow (Didn't help)
I tried loading WiiFlow from the USB (also without luck)

I'll try USBLoaderGX next..

jonthedit
My drive is 500GB - And before when it was still FAT32 my games were split so that they didn't exceed 4GB

jonthedit

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh

I have tried changing the format to NTSF and use a forwarder channel to load WiiFlow (Didn't help)

jonthedit
My drive is 500GB - And before when it was still FAT32 my games were split so that they didn't exceed 4GB

Wait... So FAT32 never worked?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

jonthedit
I had some initial problems when I switched from WBFS to NTFS, however it was solved by one or more of deleting the USB loader configuration, downloading and updating the loader, and doing the same with the cIOS.

I can't be of much more help than that; it should simply work if you have everything up to date.
However I would advise against going back to WBFS, because it has been known to corrupt games (specifically, when you add new ones). It works, and could be used as a last resort, but there is most likely a way to get FAT32 working, there's no reason it wouldn't.

You could of course try NTFS as well but that won't work with GameCube games if you ever want to run those.

Zymf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, so I just tried using a USB-stick on 500 GB (formatted to FAT) which works perfectly. So apparently the problem is not with my Wii, but with my HDD :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.