Homebrew FAT32 HD not recognized by emulators

crezwell

Trophies
XP
Country
udo4ever said:
Hi Crezwell, I would simply uninstall dvdx and leave it at that. If you already installed the Cios usb2 than you should be good for mplayer_ce. Just to make sure, once you uninstall dvdx test the loading speed in Mplayer_ce. It should still load the movie pretty fast. if you have to wait more than 5 seconds for an avi movie to load and it never used to be like this than you should reinstall the cios usb2 for mplayer_ce.

At everyone else, I am sorry that my method didn't work for you. It certainly worked for me on my own Wii and on 2 of my friends' Wii. I used a WD my passport 250gig hard drive for my tests and a 2 gig HP SD card. I have the latest versions of all emulators. I can't really say why it doesn't work for some of you. Perhaps this will be fixed in a future release of the emulators?
Success!!
I downloaded Hackmii v0.6 to uninstall DVDX. There was no uninstall option so i installed and then uninstalled, but this didnt work. then i noticed i still had the DVDX boot.dol on my SD from when i installed it ages ago (I knew itd come in handy again one day) so used that to uninstall DVDX, which worked and now SNES9x and Wii64 are recognising my HDD. Loaded up a film and still working in Geexbox, its touch or go whether it loaded slower or not as it was a 2.5 hour film.
So my 2cents worth for anyone this hasnt worked for, try and track down the DVDX you originally installed or at least older versions rather than the latest versions on offer.
Thanks udo4ever, another satisified customer!

diazao

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Brazil
udo4ever said:
Hey guys,

I had the same problem and I solved it in a second. Here is my solution:

1. uninstall any dvdx stubbs you might have installed. In order to do this you can use the hackmii installer and choose uninstall dvdx. You do not need dvdx stubb if you do not watch/use movies via mplayer_ce or other similiar programs. DVDX causes compatibility problems with emulators and usb drives for reasons I don't quite understand. This was a known issue for the Mplayer_Ce team and this is why they created a Cios that is designed specifically for their program.

2. run snes9xgx or fceuxgx or vbagx and see if the emulator detects your hard drive. Chances are that it will.

3. Now that you know it is the dvdx stubb that is causing problems you have three options. The best option is A) but if A) causes problems and you can't load MCplayer_CE then try B)

A) go to the following site: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/MPlayer_CE and follow the instructions (download and install cios for usb2)

B) Download and install the new Hermes Cios and choose 202 (homebrew), ios 38 merged with 37. This should enable usb2 support for when you play movies

c) do not include a dvdx stubb and forego watching movies on your Wii.

Let me know if this helps!

Edit: Another thing I did notice after extensive testing is that some SD cards prevent emulators from detecting your USB Device. On the very same Wii I used a 2gig SD card (so non sdhc) and it detected my hard drive with no problems. I then switched my SD card for a 4 gig transcend and reloaded the emulator and it didn't detect my usb HD. I then repeated the steps 4 more times just to be sure and each and every single time I used my Transcend Sd card it broke the emulator's ability to detect my USB HD. Upon further testing the same Trascend card is not compatibility with Bootmii as Boot2 but is compatible with most, if not all, hombrew applications...

Bottom line is, make sure that your SD card is fully compatible with everything. Try using a non SDHC card...

Hell yeah! I found the first tutorial i've used a year ago to hack my Wii, and then unistalled "DVD Stub" (not currently DVDx, from Hackmii installers) and got it working!
yaynds.gif

(All emulators recognizing my HD)

lettuce

Trophies
XP
Country
I have the same problem, with emulators not being able to find my USB drive, i am using the TroyTheZombies forwarders, but if i use just a bog standard wad of the emulators then if finds my USB drive no problems, so it must be something to do with the forwarder but i havent a clue what, any ideas?

laurozza

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
I finally solved problems with emulators deleting the WBFS partition. Now all the emulators works perfectly with my hard disk formatted in FAT32.
Instead of WBFS partition, i use Configurable USB Loader, that have FAT32 support. ^^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night