FAST Racing Neo getting physical release and free DLC tracks on September 30th

The nearly-Mach 1-racing game for the Wii U, FAST Racing Neo, will be hitting store shelves on September 30th in Europe, and it gets even better, because with the physical release comes a juicy patch with the game's first downloadable content next month. And that for the low price of absolutely free. No catch, it's all in the patch! Unfortunately, the DLC isn't free anymore, but will sell for 4.99€

The new downloadable content will feature a whopping eight new tracks across two cups, 18 new music tracks and 10 new vehicles. That's half the amount of tracks the game launched with, and will double your garage to 20 vehicles, all accompanied by the 18 fresh new beats you'll be bobbing your head along to.

If you own the game digitally, the downloadable content will be available to download as soon as it's released in the patch, or if you buy the physical release, it'll all be ready to play the moment you pop the disc in your Wii U. The patch might still need to be downloaded if the discs are printed before they finish it, but nothing is known at this time.

Developer Shin'en Multimedia have not given us a release date for the Americas and Asian markets, or the amount of storage space needed for the DLC, but expect it to be relatively large. Time to dust off your Wii U storage if you don't have an external storage unit!

FAST Racing Neo can be downloaded from the Nintendo eShop right now for 14.99€ / £10.99 (UK store) / $14.99 (US store)

:arrow: Sources: Official FAST Racing Neo site and DLC release date

:arrow: Dualshockers - FAST Racing NEO & Steamworld Collection to Get a Physical Release on Wii U

Last edited by Ridge,
D

Deleted User

Good game. I played it on loadiine. If it cost 30$ or less i definitely will pick up this game. I glad we have this game on the wii u. But this game is hard as hell.

Reactions: KiiWii and Ridge

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So the disc version contains the DLC/patch? Like a GOTY edition? Or it's just the same game we have now, on a disc, with a DLC to download and apply on day of release?

Last edited by KiiWii,

Ridge

they/them
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Norway
So the disc version contains the DLC? Like a GOTY edition? Or it's just the same game we have now, on a disc, with a DLC to download and apply?
The disc version will contain the game and I assume the DLC needs to be downloaded if they haven't finished it yet. If the game is printed after they finish the DLC then it should be on-disc.

Last edited by Ridge,
Reactions: KiiWii

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
That's a shame.
Yes. It's a damn shame they don't add the extra tracks on the disc if they aren't finished them yet. I mean...just how hard can that be? :rolleyes:

Sarcasm aside: this is great news. I probably would've bought it on physical anyway, but with a whole bunch of free extra tracks it's far more than worth it. :D

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What separates this from F-Zero? The existence of this on Wii U raises curiosity as to why this gets a pass, but no developing an F-Zero game? I figure so Mario Kart 8 goes on without competition. Whatever the case it looks interesting.

Ridge

they/them
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Norway
What separates this from F-Zero? The existence of this on Wii U raises curiosity as to why this gets a pass, but no developing an F-Zero game? I figure so Mario Kart 8 goes on without competition. Whatever the case it looks interesting.
What separates this from F-Zero is simply the fact that this controls a bit differently than it does, and in fact if you look at the ship designs, it looks more like WipEout.

They kind of took inspiration from both and made something unique as I like to think.

Reactions: RustInPeace

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes. It's a damn shame they don't add the extra tracks on the disc if they aren't finished them yet. I mean...just how hard can that be? :rolleyes:

Sarcasm aside: this is great news. I probably would've bought it on physical anyway, but with a whole bunch of free extra tracks it's far more than worth it. :D

Hehe, no I meant it's a shame the disc doesn't wait for the whole lot to be put on it before it's compiled and released.

It's a good game though so I'm looking forward to the new DLC.

Justinde75

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I already have the digital, but i'll buy the physical, because I want to support the company, and to maybe show Nintendo that they should make a new F-Zero game, because there are alot of people that want one

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's made by an independent company, that's basically it. It looks fun, though

UltraDolphinRevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
China

F-Zero's track design is more varied. You will barely find turns with 90° while F-Zero even had 180° turns. I still recommend the game though. The face shift concept is fun.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over