GameJesus

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok, my friend and i purchased this game yesterday and expecting 4player multi, we were wrong, way wrong only 2. So we go meh its ok it should be better than red steel. Again we were horribly wrong. The multiplayer in this game rediculous. The controls are worse then red steel. The Range on the guns are compared to water guns, which means if your not 10feet away from other player you wont hit them at all. The accuracy on everything got lowered to that of water guns im not even joking. And to make it worse, the shotgun is almsot shooting BB's since a pistol can out gun it at close range. WTF were they thinking? I mean Red Steel's multi is compared to the holy grail compared to this crap.

The single player is the only good thing, controls are easier, accuracy is normal you can actually shoot more then 10 feet away. I just don't understand how they could F*$% this up. Ubisoft i officially hate you.

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
frown.gif
I was looking forward to this game

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's why I always research heavily on any hardware/games before I buy. Try to sell it to some sucker or trade it in as soon as possible to get maximum store credit.
wink.gif

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Buy Call of Duty 3 if you want a FPS on the Wii at the moment, I think it's the best one out of the three. The only downside is no multiplayer.

So far I'm enjoying CoD3, the controls are nice and easy, very fluid. Although on a couple of occasions the controls started the lag REALLY bad, but it was localised to a few seconds in a specific spot in the game. So not all bugs have been ironed out.

Harglowe

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
From IGN on Farcry Wii:

"The presentation – everything from the dozens of graphics shortcomings to the sometimes broken AI logic – is just too sloppy and too rushed in this quick-and-dirty Wii incarnation of the classic franchise. A fundamentally solid shooter is hiding somewhere underneath, but good luck finding it between the blurry textures and the sluggish framerate. "

It gets a 4.0...........nuff said.

choupette

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Ok, my friend and i purchased this game yesterday and expecting 4player multi, we were wrong, way wrong only 2. So we go meh its ok it should be better than red steel. Again we were horribly wrong. The multiplayer in this game rediculous. The controls are worse then red steel. The Range on the guns are compared to water guns, which means if your not 10feet away from other player you wont hit them at all. The accuracy on everything got lowered to that of water guns im not even joking. And to make it worse, the shotgun is almsot shooting BB's since a pistol can out gun it at close range. WTF were they thinking? I mean Red Steel's multi is compared to the holy grail compared to this crap.

The single player is the only good thing, controls are easier, accuracy is normal you can actually shoot more then 10 feet away. I just don't understand how they could F*$% this up. Ubisoft i officially hate you.

sorry for you, but it was predictable, ubi soft hasn't managed to make red steel a good game, how could far cry be better. (Well I hope for them they'll be able to make good fps on Wii, but, that doesn't seem to be the case yet)

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
yeah this game was looking OKAY when it started and things just got worse and worse, I was amazed at the pop up.. like the trees are really un-detailed until they're about 20 meters away :x

I feel sorry for anyone who makes a bad game, it cant be an enjoyable process at all

GexX2

Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WTF is with developers? I mean come on. The Wii = ~ 2 maybe 3 times more powerful than the Xbox. What the hell are they doing? Using a GC engine? Get off your ass and take advantage of the power you tards.

GexX2

Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Revolution's ATI-provided "Hollywood" GPU clocks in at 243MHz. By
comparison, GameCube's GPU ran at 162MHz, while the GPU on the original Xbox was clocked at 233MHz.

Note that graphically the GC is very comparable with the original xbox as it is. And seeing as the Wii is using the same architecture as the GC, if you double the numbers, you more or less double the performance.

The processor is 729MHz compared to the GC's 485MHz. the Wii also has more ram than the original xbox and to top it all, it is alot faster.
QUOTE said:
It (Wii) will additionally boast
64MBs of "external" 1T-SRAM. That brings the total number of system RAM
up to 88MBs, not including the 3MB texture buffer on the GPU. By
comparison, GameCube featured 40MBs of RAM not counting the GPU's
on-board 3MBs. The original Xbox included 64MBs total RAM
Developer Quote"The external RAM can be accessed as quickly as the main RAM, which is
a nice touch," a developer we spoke with alleged.

OrR

Rice-megatron Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
sorry for you, but it was predictable, ubi soft hasn't managed to make red steel a good game, how could far cry be better. (Well I hope for them they'll be able to make good fps on Wii, but, that doesn't seem to be the case yet)

I enjoy Red Steel so far. It does not quite live up to the hype but it IS a good game.
WTF is with developers? I mean come on. The Wii = ~ 2 maybe 3 times more powerful than the Xbox. What the hell are they doing? Using a GC engine? Get off your ass and take advantage of the power you tards.
Well, they didn't have much time and they had to spend most of it getting the new controlls working...
tongue.gif

It probably wasn't a good idea pushing Far Cry out the door this fast... But then again they can just make another sequel next year.
rolleyes.gif

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was really looking forward to this game, but I might as well just play it on the Xbox (keep in mind it is heavily based off of Far Cry Instincts Evolution). NP Magazine also gave it a 4/10 BTW, nothing special coming from that publication but whatever. More on the topic of Ubisoft, the Wii PoP game is just a slightly better version of The Two Thrones on GCN from what it seems. A game that can be picked up for $20 - $30 (Canadian) on any of the last gen systems.

RyuKakashi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE([M) said:
artin,Dec 14 2006, 03:55 PM]That's why I always research heavily on any hardware/games before I buy. Try to sell it to some sucker or trade it in as soon as possible to get maximum store credit.Â
wink.gif

Not everyone has the time for that..

Honestly, if you have enough time for games, you should have enough to read a review or three.

Not that it matters anymore. Reviews nowadays are all completely useless.

shtonkalot

Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Revolution's ATI-provided "Hollywood" GPU clocks in at 243MHz. By
comparison, GameCube's GPU ran at 162MHz, while the GPU on the original Xbox was clocked at 233MHz.

Note that graphically the GC is very comparable with the original xbox as it is. And seeing as the Wii is using the same architecture as the GC, if you double the numbers, you more or less double the performance.

The processor is 729MHz compared to the GC's 485MHz. the Wii also has more ram than the original xbox and to top it all, it is alot faster.
You cant compare the CPU and GPU from the Xbox just in terms of MHz. They are architecturally very different pieces of silicon.
If you want the specs then I suggest the wikipedia pages for Xbox and Gamecube.

The GC had some advantages over the Xbox and vice-versa. The Wii has the same advantages just a bit more so. It still has the same disadvantages too though, one big one is the lack of pixel or vertex shader capabilities.

Anyway, to get back on topic..
I thought this game was going to end up horrible looking. After seeing some game footage a couple of weeks back I told my mate that I thought the game looked worse than the (already bad looking IMHO) Xbox Farcry and even looked somewhat more like an N64 game.
He said that was crazy...
But just as Far Cry initially set a new graphic high on PC, so does it set a new graphic low on Wii, with visuals so blurry, smeary, sluggish and ugly that you'll question whether the title could realistically run on Nintendo 64.
Goddamn I can't wait to show him the IGN review.
Vindicated!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Going.