Hacking FAQ: What CFW is best for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish i knew what the reaons for the names are. I read in the readme file of corbenik is some .hack sign reference. But i know luma is a rosalina reference but Just why those names? Cake, pasta, Salt, Skeith? What the heck? O_O

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
What about Palantine and pasta? I know they're heavily outdated but still
This was asked before and I actually will add this to the FAQ section.
Simple reason, they've been dead for a very long time and I don't really think anyone even uses them anymore. I couldn't even get them to work back in my old menuhax days, so I don't even have anything constructive to say about them.
So they just aren't worth adding.
The only reason RXTools is on here is because it's usable and people are still using it. So I took the time to explain why people shouldn't keep using it and why they should move onto another CFW

Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Simple reason, they've been dead for a very long time and I don't really think anyone even uses them anymore. I couldn't even get them to work back in my old menuhax days, so I don't even have anything constructive to say about them.
The only reason RXTools is on here is because it's usable and people are still using it. So I took the time to explain why people shouldn't keep using it and why they should move onto another CFW
I just found out luma is updated YAY 6.0 And Pin lock feature added, and from what it says, you no longer need a firmware bin file to load ntr. Or that it also supports cheats, i couldn't read all of it on the CFW updater since the small font is hard to read :P

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I just found out luma is updated YAY 6.0 And Pin lock feature added, and from what it says, you no longer need a firmware bin file to load ntr. Or that it also supports cheats, i couldn't read all of it on the CFW updater since the small font is hard to read :P
Thus is why I am doing more research!

MisterGoat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you already have RXTools installed, then all you need either MenuHAX or A9LH and to simply replace the RXTools files with the CFW of your choice
Here is helpful guide to doing that
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-updating-from-rxtools-to-luma3ds.427735/
It doesn't have to be Luma3DS, but the guide can apply to any other CFW

Switching CFWs does not effect you saves, games, or any other features as the CFW only reads the NANDs and doesn't actually write to them. So switching is harmless and painless.

Iam very greatful, thanks mate!

Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Back when I used Menuhax, I used ReiNand on an emuNand and miniPasta on sysNand.

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If I could, I'd donate a Gateway, for y'know. Research and stuff.
If you are actually serious on this, hit me up with a PM. Because I could seriously need a donation to get one of those in my hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: quite a tight bend on that 8pin->12pin adapter in my case, which is the worst case scenario, but...