Fans Petition to have character named after Christina Grimmie in new Zelda game

hqdefault.jpg

Fans of the late Christina Grimmie are petitioning to have a character named after the singer in the upcoming Zelda game, Breath of the Wild. Grimmie was very vocal fan of the Zelda series, frequently tweeting and posting YouTube videos about it.

Her fans have taken to change.org to immortalize the former The Voice contestant. Two petitions have been created with one nearing 60 000 supporters and the other with over 17 000 supporters.

A spokesperson for Nintendo told TIME in a statement, “we are aware of the outpouring of support for her, as well as the petition, but we won’t be making any creative or content decisions in this time of mourning.”

The situation sounds similar to fans' petition to have a Robin Williams tribute in the upcoming Zelda. Only time will tell how/if Nintendo will listen to their fans' plea.

:arrow:SOURCE

XavyrrVaati

Hobbyist programmer?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Being a fan doesnt mean you will be added in the game.
Tons of Pokemon Fans died and never got their name added. And petitions don't mean shit. Signatures on a paper isnt anything to Nintendo. It's like saying having 110K sigs to add Shrek as DLC to smash will guarantee him a spot. It won't.
lmao it's not even paper. It's just binary!

S

Saiyan Lusitano

I want Hitler in a Zelda game, I'm sure he would have been a fan.
I'm sure Dr. António Oliveira de Salazar would have been a Zelda fan too and heck, where's his place on the new Zelda game?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

As for people bringing up Iwata, the much maligned Star Fox Zero has a touching tribute.
That's line an anime fan going to a prom night.

Fatih120

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why do we put some unknown person into the game?

We need to put in Robin Williams. Remember him?

People wanted his name to be in as the King or something, because his daughter's name is Zelda.

We need Nintendo to do that. Sorry if it's been already said.

mimi-dono

Trophies
XP
Country
Yep lucky guy, although if i won a competiton that said my name would appear in the next Zelda game and it ended up in that room that hardly anyone knows about I'd feel pretty annoyed.

Chris_Houlihan_Secret_Room.gif

Rupees and a telepathy tile that contains the message. Door leads to outside Link's house.

I remember this room! But i was more interested in the money than searching who the hell is Chris Houlihan

Reactions: cearp and Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i'm amazed any1 actually even found this room back than with NO internet, NO google, no guides and some of the methods for finding the damn thing are insane. like making a bomb blow you off the screen if you stand in the exact right spot than running back to the cave. who the fuck would think to do that?! :P

Reactions: cearp

mimi-dono

Trophies
XP
Country
i'm amazed any1 actually even found this room back than with NO internet, NO google, no guides and some of the methods for finding the damn thing are insane. like making a bomb blow you off the screen if you stand in the exact right spot than running back to the cave. who the fuck would think to do that?! :P
I had done it and i'm not INSANE!
I was just bored! And how i was supposed to know that i'll discover a cave?!

Last edited by mimi-dono,

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Depends, learn some of the basic ideas for finding this sort of thing (and they were well known but the SNES era), maybe have an action replay at your disposal, emulators came a bit later in history for the SNES but there were if not emulators then debug capable consoles already out there to also learn on, and people also knew a fair bit about the hardware. With that in place you can narrow it down from try random things forever to try specific things and look for specific points to try it
"and then run back to the cave" is nothing major either -- have you never had a game glitch out on you and then you just try to get to a new room/level, same deal here really. Such a thing also has a habit of leading to things like world 0-0 in a lot of games

Do not get me wrong it probably took some people with very good memories and a keen sense a logic a fair bit of time to figure a lot of this stuff out, however it probably was not brute force standing there, planting a bomb, throwing a boomerang, firing a bow, using a lantern.... moving one step to the right and repeating... and leaving the screen to regenerate rocks.... and waiting for enemies to be in the exact right point... and waiting for the enemies to be in the right point with the right broken rock pattern....

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
secrets were a lot more interesting in a pre-internet world. And guide-books were a thing.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Elyse and Lawrence deserve to be in the new Zelda game and I have vedeo preuf!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)