Fan-made Final Fantasy VII: Re-Imagined 2D Beat 'Em Up has a playable demo

gflol.PNG

Fans have created a 2D side scrolling beat 'em up version of Final Fantasy VII. There is a playable level over at the official site.

Final Fantasy VII: Re-Imagined is a project made by fans of the original game. We re-imagined how the game would be like if it's an action game. Classic 2D Side-scrollers, such as Dragons and Dungeons: Chronicles of Mystara, Streets of Rage, etc, came to our minds. We thought about how we can incorporate some of the FFVII game play elements, such as Materia and summoning of Guardian Force into a Hack and Slash genre. The result is what you can see above.

ff_ss_tifa.JPG ff_ss6.JPG ff7_3.JPG ff7SPT.jpg

:arrow:Official Site

[^Blark^]

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
they do it all the time on mobile games. the play store is riddled with clones of clones of games

What about the pushmo clone?.

And I haven't seen a clone of FF on the appstore either

"where dey at doe?"

Game clones are made all over yes. But this isn't a clone. Its a mash-up between streets of rage style gameplay which isnt copy righted but the characters they are using are...cloud is literally SQE patent character cloud as well as Tiffa the Guard scorpion nothing about them says otherwise they didn't say it's a clone of FFVII it says "FFVII Re-imagined" and not to mention it follows the same story it looks like go to mako reactor battle guard Scorpion. isn't that part of Suarez Script. Idk again legal stuff I'm in the dark. But I would think they could do whatever they wanted to this project since they are using their characters/story.

It all really depends on the way SE feels about this. But to get an idea of how they are going to react just look at.

Those chrono trigger remakes that never made it. Even the one that was 95% complete with more than 7+ endings 10 to be precise. SE just had to shut it down. To this day I would still love a ChronoTrigger HD remake. Maybe after FFVII if they don't screw that up and angry fans.

GoldenSun3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If someone was to make FF7 or any other protected IP verbatim, copying literally every pixel and claiming it as their own work, then yes, that's theft and should be punished. But consider this; everything is based on something. All those fantasy games with elves and dwarves and orcs, do they need to be shut down because Lord of the Rings did it first? Any video game that uses a gun should be shut down because Wolfenstien did it first, right? Hell, my avatar should be banned because I don't own the rights to Pikachu, even an evil one, even though I painted that picture myself.

See what I'm getting at? There's a huge difference between copying something and basing your work around something. This game clearly isn't FF7 itself, it's a reimagining of the story through a different style. Ergo it's something different. I believe copyright shoudl protect the exact work, not anything that might be a little bit like it, because once we get into that second mentality where nothing can ever be like anything else, then we'll be left with basically nothing. It's said that there are only seven stories in the world, they're just told through different eyes. When you really think about it pretty much every beloved franchise is building on the foundation of that which came before. You think Star Wars is an entirely original concept? Indiana Jones? Nothing is truly original any more. And companies need to stop weilding copyright law like a banhammer to make sure nobody can ever make money with something close to original thought.

This game looks like something I'd happily pay full price for. If Square Enix actually listened to their customers and realized we're excited about this instead of just making what they think is cool and shoving it down our throats (IE: Lightning Returns) then maybe they could compromise and see this project made truly fantastic, but they'd have to share the profits with the creators and in today's greedy bloated industry it's an all or nothing game. If they can't make all the money for themselves then nobody can have any. It's a childish way to run things. Say this game makes, say, $10M profit. Square Enix makes a good 60% of that, minimum. But they don't see the $6M in their accounts, they see the $4M that isn't. They see the loss but not the gain. And when they'd be getting $6M for doing basically nothing and still complaining about it, you'll forgive me for not having any sympathy for the greedy short-sighted fuckwits.

They own the copyrights to the characters too.

There's a difference between making characters similar to the ones in someone else's game and just copy+pasting it into your own game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol, Okies. Family graveyard is that way 👉