Famicom mini rewriting tool has been released

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by mooglazer, Jan 6, 2017.

Jan 6, 2017
  1. ItsKipz

Member ItsKipz l33t hax0r

United States
    200? If we're talking USD, thats not anywhere NEAR what i found them for, i saw one for 25 at my used game store a while ago. I would have gotten it if i wasnt planning to get a psp/vita for the same purpose lol

2. duffmmann

Member duffmmann GBAtemp Addict

United States
    It's really promising that the team behind the NES Classic is now in charge of Nintendo's Virtual Console team. Who they had in charge of it before were doing a piss-poor job. Hopefully games from other old consoles get the same treatment on the VC service that the NES games received on the NES classic.

CatmanFan and ItsKipz like this.
  3. the_randomizer

Member the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

United States
    *Shrug* I've yet to see that price on Amazon, I would have spent my gift card on that had the price not been extortionate, I'll play RetroArch Wii U/Nestopia because of that. Scalpers be damned, I don't care if they're "just making a quick buck", I'd rather spite scalpers by using unofficial emulators.

ItsKipz likes this.
  4. elBenyo

Member elBenyo Wad of meat.

United States
    NERD, Nintendo European Research and Development, is the new VC team. I agree they are doing a much better job, especially with first gen Pokemon games being able to trade on 3DS and the great job they did on the Wii U's DS VC.

CatmanFan and ItsKipz like this.
  5. the_randomizer

United States
    Wait, when did they become in charge? Does this mean the N64 and NES emulators on their consoles won't suck?

ItsKipz likes this.
  6. duffmmann

Member duffmmann GBAtemp Addict

United States
    The full change happened very recently. I don't think any VC titles (aside from their DS VC games on the Wii U and if you count the NES Classic) have yet been released by them, so this remains to be seen, however, all indications are clearly pointing to yes, under NERD, the VC should be considerably better than what it has been up to this point.

CatmanFan likes this.
  7. CatmanFan

Member CatmanFan TrashTemp Fan

Morocco
    Wow, so now it is possible to brick an NES Classic/Famicom Mini if you don't know what you're doing, right?

8. the_randomizer

United States
    So then follow the directions; if people brick it, tough break, they should do the steps properly lol.

I hope so, because the N64 and Snes emulation is pretty bad. They can't even get the audio in DK64 right and I have proof.

CatmanFan likes this.
  9. elBenyo

Member elBenyo Wad of meat.

United States
    DK64 used custom micro-code written by Rare to essentially hack the N64 to run slightly faster, all there N64 games did this. Since Microsoft owns Rare now Nintendo will never have full access to source materials of Rare games. That's why Banjo Tooie and Conker won't run if you inject them into the Wii U's VC.