Hardware Fake Mem Stick Test?

Kalyca

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I bought a fake Sony Pro Duo 8GB Magic Gate card. Since I got the card my games have been corrupting and I can't seem to use the full 7000~ MB (only 5/10 games read) I've tried different games. I've been looking around for more info and I found

http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=86101&page=2

the package looks legit, so far the only test that tilts it in the fake direction is the PSP Memory Info test, where it says Unsupported instead of Magic Gate Supported. I thought at first this might be because I corrupted it or didn't format it. So after formatting it still is Unsupported. Is this enough to justify it's a fake, or are my games not being read and corrupting for a different reason? Everything ran fine until I started using this card, yet at the same time I just installed popsloader so I might of messed up my UMD.

Are there any "tests" I can do to confirm my suspicions?

hollabackitsobi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it's fake. If it says Magic Gate "Unsupported", then it's fake. Yeah, the corruptions are also a sure symptom. Just go to newegg.com or buy.com and buy yourself a Sandisk Ultra II 4GB. Games load incredibly quickly, so you'll be glad you did. I wish they had them in 8GB flavors though....

tomqman

This Is Everyone's Fault But Mine.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
yay my mem card is a fake w00t
smile.gif
lol. i paid cheap ebay cost and look i get a fake owell it works really well

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum