Hardware Fake dead pixel?

nervx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
my 3ds recently acquired what I thought was a dead pixel. its a lot more noticeable in person and can be seen most of the time as it kind of shimmers.

zRNHKRk.gif

the strange thing is if I tilt the screen a few degrees away from me just before the 3D breaks it disappears but its always visible if I tilt towards me. the screen is clean and scratch free. I cant see anything trapped under the screen either.

so I took another picture to check the pixels.
7f5cuI2.jpg

everything is working but there's that tiny thing the size of half a sub-pixel. surely something that small shouldn't be visible when larger dust particles on the screen cant be seen so wtf is going on? The main reason I ask is because it looks like another one is forming near this one but nothing shows on camera.

Öhr

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
might be crack or something in the glass/plastic, that lets the light through differently, depending on the angle.
I doubt its fixable and you are probably lucky that the liquid subpixel isn't damaged

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
my 3ds recently acquired what I thought was a dead pixel. its a lot more noticeable in person and can be seen most of the time as it kind of shimmers.

zRNHKRk.gif

the strange thing is if I tilt the screen a few degrees away from me just before the 3D breaks it disappears but its always visible if I tilt towards me. the screen is clean and scratch free. I cant see anything trapped under the screen either.

so I took another picture to check the pixels.
7f5cuI2.jpg

everything is working but there's that tiny thing the size of half a sub-pixel. surely something that small shouldn't be visible when larger dust particles on the screen cant be seen so wtf is going on? The main reason I ask is because it looks like another one is forming near this one but nothing shows on camera.
Could be a very small scratch or something? Hard to say.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool