Gaming Fable Anniversary not working? Dashboard Update necessary?

Bonny

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'am owing an RGH japanese Slim 360, since 2 years. I never updated it manually. I guess it's FSD 2.2.

All games since then were always running flawlessly. Today i tried Fable.Anniversary.MULTi3.XBOX360-UNLiMiTED, before i tried to get Fable.Anniversary.MULTi3.iSORiP.XBOX360-iND.

Both releases of the game won't start. I get an Error message that the game coulnd't be started and get tossed out of FSD to the normal Dashboard.

Is this game really the first that needs an FSD and/or Dashboard Update to run? I never did such a thing. Is there something special with this game?

:wacko:

Bonny

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sorry for replying so late, but i was testing 2 other games, and they were also not working: Castlevania L.o.S 2 and Thief.

I checked my current Dashboard and Kernel Versions:

FSD says:

Dash version: 2.2. Rev1072
Kernel version: 2.0.14699.0

To be honest - i really just want to get the newer games to work, if it's not necessary, i don't want FSD 3.0. What would be the absolutely easiest way to get the games running? P.S.: I also can't start my Box with the eject-Button, cause the Button is broken :unsure:

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Go to Homebrew-connection.org

Then get xeBuild GUI. Follow their guide if needed. To flash the NAND. Get SimpleNAND flash. Then you can "sissy flash". It makes a backup before it flashes.

sudeki300

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i personally would flash using xell with a usb stick instead of a flasher program/app......................sudeki300

Bonny

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i personally would flash using xell with a usb stick instead of a flasher program/app

This is POSSIBLE? How?

Just follow me guide on updating the NAND.
It's in the tut section and is a little more noobfriendly ;p

I will! I hope i'am clever enough to get along with it... :sleep: :ha:

Bonny

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ok... i'am proccessing through you TUT... input my CPU Key? Where to get this from? On a CD the Mod-Shop gave to me there are 4 files: keyvault.bin, nanddump.bin, xell.bin and fuse.txt.

Is the key in keyvault.bin? Ho to get it out of there?

sudeki300

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
easiest way to get your CPU key is to start Xell, have your 360 turned off and hit the eject button. you will see xell reloaded start on the screen, be ready with a phone camera, you will see you cpu key scroll up the screen with other information about the 360. take a pic once you see the cpu key and your done..............................sudeki300

sudeki300

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
just install dashlaunch and you can find all the system info you need, if your eject button is not working you will not be able to flash the nand image using xell then.......................sudeki300

Bonny

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks, but...maybe i got it. In the Fuse.txt, the 16 characters behind fuse3 and fuse5 are togehter the key. I'll try that.

if your eject button is not working you will not be able to flash the nand image using xell then

Good to know. So if i can't use Xell... that what options do i have?

Bonny

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I just killed my Box, i guess.

I followed the TUT exactly. Copied the updflash.bin to a FAT32 USB Stick, installed NAND Flasher 1.2.0 to my Box, started NAND Flasher via FSD, wrote the updflash.bin succesfully, clicked "Shutdown", removed the power cord for 2 minutes, reinserted it and started the Box with thr Controllers Guide-Button.

The Box turned on, the green little light in the middle on the ROL is green, the other 4 lights of the ROL won't flash up and the console won't boot anymore, the screen stays black.

How screwd am i now?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Seems that I forgot to mention that you'd have to activate Dashlaunch in JRunner.
Or JRunner has set it off by default in the latest updates.

Anyway, if you have a hardware flasher, it's easily repaired, if not, you could send it to me and I'll bring it back to life if you want.
If you got the NAND and CPU key that is.

Bonny

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Anyway, if you have a hardware flasher, it's easily repaired, if not, you could send it to me and I'll bring it back to life if you want.
If you got the NAND and CPU key that is.

A Hardware-Flasher? A noobish fool like me? :P No. I'll guess i'll send it to the Shop who did the RGH. Maybe they can also repair the Power/Eject-Button Problem. Sending the System to you (i guess, USA) would sure be more expensive. ;)

sorry i did't reply i am at work and can only do a bit of stealth browsing every now and again.............sudeki300

No, no. I didn't want to blame you. I just noticed the 4 ways of updating in the tut. So there was no reply neccessary from your side.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
A Hardware-Flasher? A noobish fool like me? :P No. I'll guess i'll send it to the Shop who did the RGH. Maybe they can also repair the Power/Eject-Button Problem. Sending the System to you (i guess, USA) would sure be more expensive. ;)

Country next to you ;p
Yay Europe.

Aye aye.
I'm editing the tutorial shortly, It's prolly me fault for not including the check for "include Dashlaunch"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse