Status
Not open for further replies.

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
rather just a modern ez flash 6 that works like r4 on gba.
Keep in mind that the DS loads game files to RAM then uses them from there - the GBA accesses ROM directly, something which SD cards don't support. So it needs PSRAM and NOR to load the games to before running them.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While this is all fine and such not sure why people need sdhc support, unless you want to carry every gba rom released with you, I have a 2GB minisd and all the games I consider good to ok only take up 1.1GB, well I guess 1-2GB cards are harder to find but the microsd in the adapter tends to cause problems anyway
I wish they would add proper cheat support and possibly rts

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Hi there.
Got some news from the ezflash team, they told me the ez4 will support sdhc with a simple bootloader update.

Stay tuned.

well. i guess they still didnt forgot about us which is great! but i would preefer they would fix the broken stuff specially the client... i have a 512mg card and its enough for the games i play (and some i thought i would play but just leaved them there)

Reactions: MartinAugustsson

MartinAugustsson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
While this is all fine and such not sure why people need sdhc support, unless you want to carry every gba rom released with you, I have a 2GB minisd and all the games I consider good to ok only take up 1.1GB, well I guess 1-2GB cards are harder to find but the microsd in the adapter tends to cause problems anyway
I wish they would add proper cheat support and possibly rts
I'm one of those people that wants to carry a library of games with me. I found it bad that it didn't have SDHC support. But now that it's finally coming, I'm going to order myself a new card! :yaysp:
And RTS would make it the card of my dreams.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
SDHC is a little overkill because I still find that my 1gb Mini SD card is more than enough to place all the GBA games that I want to play. If there's anything that could be improved, it could be the write speed when turning on the GBA console and having to wait for the slow write speed when creating a save everytime.

I hope for a GBA cart by Kirkzz one day...

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I took to thinking - SDHC support would be nice for those people who use a single card for multiple things (such as my card which I use for both my EZIV and my Wii) or have a lot of media files on their card - there are always enthusiasts.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I took to thinking - SDHC support would be nice for those people who use a single card for multiple things (such as my card which I use for both my EZIV and my Wii) or have a lot of media files on their card - there are always enthusiasts.

cards specially of this capacity are cheap... there is no reason you should use the same card on several systems... the continually "changing" of the devices degrades the card slots and the cards itself.. i had a sandisk memory stick (it was genuine) on my psp and it started to crack after the constant swapping...
its always much better to have dedicated stuff...

Razor83

Trophies
XP
Country
Just wondered if there has been any update on this? Was really looking forward to seeing what the community could do with the source code.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Anybody here?