EZ-FLASH IV

Discussion in 'General Tutorials' started by RoMee, May 2, 2011.

1. Newcomer1029

Newcomer1029 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 26, 2013
    Italy

Last edited by Newcomer1029, Aug 21, 2017

2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    My bad I lost my train of thought halfway through my previous reply.

Anyway the screen thing. Sounds like you have one of the soft reset loaders (I thought you meant the screen was corrupt and did not load further -- that is usually the sign of a micro to miniSD adapter causing troubles, sounds like you were one of the lucky ones as far as far as such things go), later versions were manually hardcoded to hard reset to work around a bug. modulo's reset loader which you can get from http://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/flashcart-files/download-ez4-client-2009-04-03-f31119.html should be one of them if you really want to see the screen (personally I see it as several extra seconds for no great gain but as ever we do not consult me when it comes to what looks pretty and what does not). If you are using a custom skin or have not updated the loader this might be why.

Now where you can get EZ4Client kind of working on Wine I would be quite impressed if you could do the skinning tools. Kuwanger made a nice python script that does a fair bit but most of the skinning stuff is some nice stuff coded in various forms of visual basic. Alternatively many people like this skin http://ezflash.sosuke.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=17257 which should come with hard reset to load stuff and gain you that logo screen.

On soft reset. Personally I never used it but I guess if you have a DS lite then you might want to spare you power switch. I assume you checked the soft reset button in EZ4Client. From there it was usually just a matter of using the program as normal.
    Sadly there is a bug in EZ4Client that causes you to be unable to change the soft reset keys, however if you navigate to the c:\windows\temp\ directory you will find a file called EZ4para.ini in it which should be able to be edited.
    I assume you checked the

EZ4Client and wine. I managed to get it going as a proof of concept and a few other people got some stuff done. Frankly though I have windows machines I keep around for this sort of legacy stuff and as long as you are not patching large DS games the EZ4Client program is really light on memory so I would probably just use a virtual machine (they have great USB options these days) rather than fiddle with WINE.

3. Newcomer1029

Newcomer1029 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 26, 2013
    Italy

4. Newcomer1029

Newcomer1029 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 26, 2013
    Italy

5. crea

crea GBAtemp Regular

Mar 20, 2013
    Lesotho
    I can highly recommend "FATSort.exe" (search it) with EZ4 to get all files in alphabetical order.

6. Traumkampfer

Traumkampfer Member

Newcomer
    May 11, 2014
    United States
    So, I followed the tutorial and put the .bin file in my cart, put the cart in my GBA, turn it on, and all i get is the GBA turning-on video. My Mini SD card is formatted to FAT16, im holding the R shoulder button, and nothing.

I then tried putting a game on it using the patcher, turn the GBA on, still just get the GBA turning-on screen :c

I even bought the card from NDScard.com (I think that was the name, it was your sponsor)

7. thaddius

thaddius Charmander is not pleased.

May 5, 2008
    Canada
    If you're just getting the GBA boot sequence then I'd guess the card isn't in properly.

8. Traumkampfer

Traumkampfer Member

Newcomer
    May 11, 2014
    United States
    Sorry, forgot to update here. I managed to fix my card using a Q-tip and nail polish remover. Apparently my cart had bad connections and just needed a little cleaning.

9. xcrimsonstormx

xcrimsonstormx He called me a Nerd, I called him an Ambulance.

Jun 9, 2013
    United States
    The Internet
    Where migth be the best place to purchase an EZ-Flash? I am wanting to get one just not quite sure where, I live in US by the way.

10. Traumkampfer

Traumkampfer Member

Newcomer
    May 11, 2014
    United States
    Well, I got mine from NDScard.com(the sponsor of this site), and the card didnt work on arrival. I mean, if your ok with fiddling around with the card, then id say by all means buy from there, since an EZ Flash IV is only 42$ there and i got mine in 12 days.

11. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    NYC
  12. xcrimsonstormx

xcrimsonstormx He called me a Nerd, I called him an Ambulance.

Jun 9, 2013
    United States
    The Internet
  13. Cactuar

Cactuar GBAtemp Regular

Dec 8, 2007
    United States
    California
    RHS ships fast. I wouldn't hesitate to order from them again when I need to

14. kmno

kmno Member

Newcomer
    Aug 23, 2013
    Mexico
    Hi after a minor fuck up (no so minor in retrospective) everytime I boot my GBA it tells me about an error and then if I boot it again it tellms me there is a FAT error and I don't know what the fuck happened, I already erased the file I think caused the problem, backed up what I know was ok before the problem and even after I formated my SD several times and put every file there again the problem returs, anyone know what could have happened? I could share the files if needed so you could maybe help me.

15. Pokefan12
    This message by Pokefan12 has been removed from public view by Sicklyboy, Jun 29, 2014, Reason: Advertising.
    Jun 28, 2014
  16. silveraven

silveraven Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 3, 2014
    Malaysia
    Hi, I recently bought an EZ-Flash IV from a seller on Aliexpress and it just arrived today. I followed this tutorial using the updated ezfla_up.bin file from http://www.ezflash.cn/downloads/. However, when I held the R button and turned on my GBA, I got:

"Updating Eraseing_OK"
    "Restart No_Loader_Found"

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong... I have formatted my 2GB miniSD card to the FAT system (I'm using Windows). Can anyone advice?

***UPDATE***

Eh, never mind. It would seem that there's a problem between the miniSD and cart contact. I used a microSD+adapter and it is working fine now! Very surprised considering how everyone prefers miniSD over microSD.

17. Metroidfan26

Metroidfan26 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 16, 2014
    United States
    Minnesota
    okay so I have been having trouble with my EZ flash 4. I followed your tutorial, and extracted the file. Then I copy and pasted the ezfla_up.bin file to my micro sd. And every time I get this message, regardless if there is even a micro sd in the cartage.

Find_ezfla_up.bin, updating
    Eraseing_ok

Write_complete

Restart
    No_Loader_found

fat initial 0

PLEASE HELP!!!

18. Erik Diguez Tellez

Erik Diguez Tellez Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 15, 2015
    Mexico
    Hi there im new in the forum i have a problem with pokemon Emerald, when i convert and apply the save patch on the EZ CLIENT the save changes from Flash 128k to Flash 64k :( and now when i try to save it says that my save is erased due corruption or damage, please help

19. almmiron

almmiron GBAtemp Regular

Jan 9, 2012
    Brazil
    The gba games that communicates with ds (on ds fat and dslite) works with ez-flash IV? I remember using supercardmini flash card, and nothing could be done. Also, gba link to gamecube will work? Someone tried? I've buyed from China a flash card named "NDS & GBA 128M". This flash card only allows one rom at time, and with this I was able to play wind waker on gamecube with the minimap, and also connect metroid prime to fusion, and connect castlevania gba to castlevania ds.

Last edited by almmiron, Aug 24, 2015
  20. TecXero

TecXero Technovert

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Mainframe
    EZ4 also works with gamecube link for some games. Like, for example, connecting Metroid Prime and Metroid Fusion, just boot Metroid Fusion with L + A instead of just selecting it with A, then when the GBA BIOS shows up, just press Start + Select.

Last edited by TecXero, Aug 24, 2015
    almmiron likes this.
  21. almmiron

almmiron GBAtemp Regular

Jan 9, 2012
    Brazil
    Sorry, my first phrase has reedited, i asked if "The gba games that communicates with ds (on ds fat and dslite) works with ez-flash IV". In you quote, i'm atesting. Please reedit you quote, and I'll reedit this.