Hacking EZ-Flat IV 2.01 - An EZ-Flash IV 2.01 skin

NormalFish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thread's pretty dead but I figured I'd ask:

Any chance you could post the files you used to compile this? I've been using this skin for a while and it's very good, but I'd like to put together a version with a darker palette. If there's a way to extract this information from the file, please clue me in.

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thread's pretty dead but I figured I'd ask:

Any chance you could post the files you used to compile this? I've been using this skin for a while and it's very good, but I'd like to put together a version with a darker palette. If there's a way to extract this information from the file, please clue me in.

Not dead, just no need to update anything.

This is the skin builder I used: http://gbatemp.net/threads/ez4-loader-1-76-released-some-bug-fixes.384174/page-4#post-5420170

Attached is the bmp folder, feel free to do with the graphics as you please but do remember the license of some of the graphics, most notabily the icons if you decide to release it to the public: http://medialoot.com/item/free-mini-vector-app-icons/

Attachments

• bmp.zip
    43.9 KB · Views: 295

rs1n

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just noticed the update date on the files, so I'll try these later. One issue I noticed with Clearlooks 1.77 (I got from another thread here on these forums) was opening the default text files from the main menu and seeing gibberish Chinese characters alongside English text, filling up the entire width of the screen. Does this version fix that issue?

Localhorst86

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just noticed the update date on the files, so I'll try these later. One issue I noticed with Clearlooks 1.77 (I got from another thread here on these forums) was opening the default text files from the main menu and seeing gibberish Chinese characters alongside English text, filling up the entire width of the screen. Does this version fix that issue?

you mean the "Bookmarks" menu? no idea what it does and how it works.

Simply opening .txt files from the SD card works fine, though.

spacorn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Afaik you can not fry the device by flashing a faulty firmware on it as the bootloader (the flasher that runs when you power the device with the R button pressed) is never touched and you'll always be able to flash a new firmware on it.

Regarding your other issue, it might be possible you received a faulty EZ IV. But it might alao be an issue with your SDHC card. Try a different Micro SD card, but try using one that's bigger than 2GB. People have reported the 1.75+ firmwares to have a lower compatibility with non-SDHC cards, most - if not all - Micro SDs with a storage of 2GB or less are non-SDHC and might simply be incompatible with the more recent firmware versions.

I know it's been a long time, but I wanted to come back and say... you were right, on everything you said. Yes, the bootloader was intact, my EZ IV was indeed kinda faulty (it's just extra picky about the cards it reads), and the solution was indeed to try another card.
Here's a full description of the symptoms and how I ended up finding the solution, in case someone else has a similar issue.

Thanks again for your theme, it's a lot better than the default one. I'm definitely keeping it! (I finally got to see it in action a year after I installed it!)

ltsheppard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
My new microsd EZ Flash IV won't start any game from SD. I can write and start them from NOR but if I start them normally, I just get a white screen or the Gameboy logo (without Nintendo) and it freezes.

Doesn't seem to matter which kernel I use. Does anyone have any ideas?

Localhorst86

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thank fuck for this OP!
I couldn't stand the badly translated menus! I you owe my life.

I shall collect that debt once I need it. At that point in time I will have lucifer visit you.

My new microsd EZ Flash IV won't start any game from SD. I can write and start them from NOR but if I start them normally, I just get a white screen or the Gameboy logo (without Nintendo) and it freezes.

Doesn't seem to matter which kernel I use. Does anyone have any ideas?

What games have you tried and which kernels? Have you tried launching the games with the L-button pressed?

Reactions: Kippykip

ltsheppard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
What games have you tried and which kernels? Have you tried launching the games with the L-button pressed?

I've tried Metroid Fusion, Metroid Zero Mission, Mario Kart Super Circuit, Donkey Kong Country. On Kernel 1.77, 1.76, your Flat Skin Kernel 1.77 and BlueNight Skin 1.77.
Launching with the L button pressed did not make any difference.

Last edited by ltsheppard,

Peeteris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So 1.78 is out now. :)
Not that much of a difference, only one feature added in comparison to last 1.77 released years ago (why are they so lazy, official client is the worst thing I have ever seen).
However, it would be nice to see new number in the corner. :)

Localhorst86

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Not that much of a difference, only one feature added in comparison to last 1.77 released years ago (why are they so lazy, official client is the worst thing I have ever seen).
However, it would be nice to see new number in the corner. :)
I am looking into it, I already applied the skin but the kernel has grown ever so slightly so the patches don't work/break the software. once I have fixed that, i'll update.

EDIT: updated the original post, enjoy!

Last edited by Localhorst86,

Localhorst86

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
While I tried my best to identify what the previous patches changed in the kernel and finding the proper offsets to place these changes in the new one, I haven't had the chance or the time to do properly massive testing. So if anything doesn't seem to work in my 1.78 version but works fine in 1.77, feel free to post your results here :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 9:02 am here