Hacking EZ Flash IV keeps changing the name of my games in NOR space?

Scribs_03

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently got an EZ Flash IV and I know how to put games into NOR space. However, my problem is that when I boot my SP the games in NOR after playing for a bit and saving now a bunch of Chinese I can't read and the game won't load either.

I'm also in the process of replacing the save battery because it was dead when I got my cartridge. Do games in NOR need to be saved by the battery or something? Somebody please help me figure this out...

victorstk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I just decided to buy the EverDrive GBA instead. I recommend it. There's no need to write to NOR and there's even RTC.
yeah but everdrive is really expensive where i live
and i kinda don't like the extra bulge on the cartridge

i will try to change the internal battery to see if this will work since my battery is dry too

romanaOne

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is definitely the battery. I had an EZ Flash IV with a short that drained the battery every 3-4 weeks. The NOR is always corrupted/garbled Chinese when the battery dies. Unless recent firmwares/themes have changed, there should also be a low battery warning dialogue right when you turn the GBA on and EZ Flash UI boots up.

If you only want to play games less than 16MB in size, you can just leave the battery out and rememeber to do a soft reset before shutting down to copy your SRAM to SD card. That's what I ended up doing with my broken EZ Flash IV.

Everdrive's bulge is a lot less irritating with the older candy-bar GBA since it sticks out the top instead of the bottom. Beware Everdrive's RTC support is far from perfect, especially if you play multiple pokemon games.

Last edited by romanaOne,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning