Hacking EZ Flash IV and Boktai 3...

hunter291

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yeah I have that version and I also skinned it for myself and Boktai 3 loads fine for me from the miniSD, the only think I dont like is that my font looks somehow fucked up and breaks the line for 1 letter and things like that -.- but I got the exact same skin, oly skinned the reset update. boktai 3 loads fine
biggrin.gif
can you tell me how you got the font ok ?

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
OP
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
hunter291 said:
Yeah I have that version and I also skinned it for myself and Boktai 3 loads fine for me from the miniSD, the only think I dont like is that my font looks somehow fucked up and breaks the line for 1 letter and things like that -.- but I got the exact same skin, oly skinned the reset update. boktai 3 loads fine
biggrin.gif
can you tell me how you got the font ok ?

I dunno.
tongue.gif
I just copy pasted all the files from the skin into EZ Skinner and replaced the Darth vader skin ones.

Also, it DOES LOAD FINE on mine. it's the Solar Sensor patch with IS STILL giving me hell. I have tried every solar sensor patch, and none work on my E Cube, M3 Mini SD, EZ Flash III, or EZ Flash IV.
frown.gif

I have tried loading from NOR on my EZFIII AND IV and it has not worked.

I guess it just isn't compatible with real hardware for some reason. Although, I HAVE HEARD OF PEOPLE getting it to work so... I dunno anymore.

I tried the L+direction patch AND Select+direction patch neither will work.

hunter291

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ok. can you please upload your ezfla_up.bin ? Seems that I was to stupid to reskin mine -.- So it is the 1.720 RESET with the Mother 3 Skin, right ? If yes, please upload it for me
biggrin.gif

wtf is wrong with the one above me oO

hunter291

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
what the fuck oO am I on drugs ? wasn't there a huge post about one day and a picture a second ago oO

nevermind
biggrin.gif
got deleted by a mod it seems xD

hunter291

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ok thanks for your skinned firmware
biggrin.gif
now I can enjoy the beautiful mother 3 skin
biggrin.gif

installed, but the font is still messed up oO

for example if I start up a game, it says

progressin
g XX%

everything seems somehow messed up :S

Schlupi

OP
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
OOOOH You meant the text overflow thing? Like, word
s going on
to the next line? I thought you meant shit was all glitchy and not working.

Yeah he said to keep the look of the original font, he had to keep it the same size and keep it looking like that.
frown.gif

Sorry I didn't realize that;s what you meant. Well, either way now you have the latest firmware.
gbasp.gif

hunter291

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hmmm. i noticed that now too. i tried to play my patched version of boktai 3. it works fine on my pc with an emulator. everythingis in english and the solar patch works. but as soon as i patch it with the ez manager, the solar patch seems to break up oO

Schlupi

OP
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Ok. SO an update. I got Boktai 1 AND 2 working perfectly with solar sensor hack and everything on my EZ Flash III and IV.

I ENG patched 2 and solar sensor patched with three different roms: one with the Wolf and Road group's patch, Rising Sun's Patch, AND DarthNemesis's patch.

I tried all three of them in the emulator, they work fine. I save them to my EZ Flash III and IV's NOR and they WILL NOT WORK. I extract the EZ Patched rom from my III and it works fine on the emulator including the solar sensor patch. Same for the IV.

So the EZ Patch breaks the hack for real HW, but the rom still works perfectly in the emulator. >_>

I am so sad. I have wanted to play this game on my GBA sor ages and nothing is working. The rom now works with the solar sensor patch on my ECube BUT the clock is messed up, and it freezes after random points so I can't use that anyways.
frown.gif

Anyone have anything that can help?

vree

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Tried it myself the patch don't work (the one with select + Direction) => this is the only one that show those skylight/windows, so didn't bother with the other one.

Anyway no succes, but still the game uses a real time clock, in boktai 1 you could change it every time you play in the options menu.

But this doesn't apply to Boktai 2 & 3, so if you want to enjoy it fully you need a flash card with a real time clock + handle the sun & english patch.

So for this I use my old EZF ADVANCE Realtime 256M

I know not big, but it's my old card, has a realtime clock and can handle the patches.

Schlupi

OP
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
SO update, for all those who have attempted to help me.

I can't get this working, not on ANY of my carts. My EZ Flash III, M3 Perfect, M3 Perfect Lite, EZ Flash IV, etc. even carts with RTC won't play 3 correctly (however 1 and 2 work fine).

I'm really sad, I have always wanted to play the 3rd game on real hardware.

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
i have played this game in my ezflash 4

How have you done this? lol, I'd like if you'd explain how you make it work. Especially since RTC doesn't work on EFIV... Why bump this topic?

I'm guessing he wants the thread owner that there is a patch which allows you to control the RTC manually.
Or atleast, that's what I remember.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr