Hacking EZ Flash 3-in-1 and Supercard DSONE not saving GBA game

xSpartanCx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a supercard dsone and an ez flash 3in1 cartridge (phat version). I'm trying to play a hacked version of Pokemon Ruby (Light Platinum) and it refuses to save. I've tried every possible combination of the rom (I've patched it with LIPS/gbata, then tried the sram patcher/clock fix in different combinations on gbata. The rom works fine, but when I hit save and restart my DS and go into gba exploader it would ask if I want it to set up slot 2. I updated GBA Exploader, and after saving and going in, it finally asked where I want to save the file. However, this time when going back into the game it tells me that the save file has been deleted and forces me to start a new game. I've tried playing the game in PSRAM mode but there is no "advanced" under the Gameboy splash screen, so the game doesn't actually start. Does this mean the battery is dead, or is there something I'm missing? I've tried sram test, but it keeps saying it can't find the .gba file.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
If you got a phat 3in1, your battery is dead by now regardless of how new you think it is. They stopped making those around the same time as the first version of the 3in1 for DSLs. The time from then and now is well over 5 years, longer than the life of the battery.

Replace your battery by either the tape method or solder a new one, you can find one in the maintenance section in my guide.

Everyone with GBA flashcarts and/or any slot2 that is older than 5 years, your going to deal with maintenance or you can chuck your stuff in the trash.

xSpartanCx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you got a phat 3in1, your battery is dead by now regardless of how new you think it is. They stopped making those around the same time as the first version of the 3in1 for DSLs. The time from then and now is well over 5 years, longer than the life of the battery.

Replace your battery by either the tape method or solder a new one, you can find one in the maintenance section in my guide.

Everyone with GBA flashcarts and/or any slot2 that is older than 5 years, your going to deal with maintenance or you can chuck your stuff in the trash.

Okay, thanks for the info. I opened it up and stuck a LED on the battery, and it still lit up but it was noticeably dimmer than a new CR2032. I don't have my multimeter right now but I'll go ahead and buy a battery anyway.

xSpartanCx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UPDATE: Managed to fit a CR2032 in there (the only battery I have on hand) and it seems to work. When I start pokemon, it says the save file is corrupt but it still lets me use the save file (it says it'll use the previous save, but it seems to use the most current one anyway).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse