Hacking extracting the game ISO from USB Loader question?

bnm81002

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know when you install a game ISO into a USB Loader it will take it without any problems such as if there is an update or if it's out of region that when the game is played it won't brick your Wii, but when you extract the game ISO back to the PC will the ISO have that update portion in it or will it contain the out of region portion as well? for example my Wii is 3.2U, if installed a game that has an update and is out of region such as a PAL version, will that ISO contain any of that when it's extracted back to my PC?

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When a game is copied to WBFS, the update partition is not added at all, only the data partition. So when you extract the ISO to your PC, and open it in WiiScrubber, there will only be a data partition. If you need a 1:1 backup of a legal copy, for maybe new or missing ios wads, use another dumper program to get your ISO.

After using WBFS and USB loaders, I realized that it's much quicker to just right-click the update partition and delete it using WiiScrubber, rather than running it through BrickBlocker. Both methods pretty much aren't needed, as preloader and other apps can be set to block updates altogether.

bnm81002

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dsfanatic5 said:
When a game is copied to WBFS, the update partition is not added at all, only the data partition. So when you extract the ISO to your PC, and open it in WiiScrubber, there will only be a data partition. If you need a 1:1 backup of a legal copy, for maybe new or missing ios wads, use another dumper program to get your ISO.

After using WBFS and USB loaders, I realized that it's much quicker to just right-click the update partition and delete it using WiiScrubber, rather than running it through BrickBlocker. Both methods pretty much aren't needed, as preloader and other apps can be set to block updates altogether.

ha ha, I have WiiScrubber and didn't even think of using that instead of BrickBlocker, thanks for the help

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eGAHfC5P-Y