Hacking Extract gameicons from .gba roms? (for BAGPlug)

shawly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi,

I've read I can use custom icons not only for nds homebrew, but also for any other filetype like gba roms aswell, it just hast to be renamed exactly as the rom, e.g. "Pokemon Emerald.gba.png" and since I couldn't find an icon pack, I just remembered, that the old Nintendo DS which could play GBA games was actually showing the icon of the GBA game that was inserted.

So I was wondering if these icons were from the NDS or from the GBA cartridge itself?

If it was from the cartridge, is there any possible way to extract this icon from the gba rom and convert it to png?

Thanks in advance!

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi,

I've read I can use custom icons not only for nds homebrew, but also for any other filetype like gba roms aswell, it just hast to be renamed exactly as the rom, e.g. "Pokemon Emerald.gba.png" and since I couldn't find an icon pack, I just remembered, that the old Nintendo DS which could play GBA games was actually showing the icon of the GBA game that was inserted.

So I was wondering if these icons were from the NDS or from the GBA cartridge itself?

If it was from the cartridge, is there any possible way to extract this icon from the gba rom and convert it to png?

Thanks in advance!
It never showed icons for GBA games, because there aren't any.

shawly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
icon_brightness.gif

I could swear there was an icon exactly on the same spot at the left where the GBA cartridge is. (ignore the arrow)

So where do I get some nice icons for every single one of my games now? :/

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
icon_brightness.gif

I could swear there was an icon exactly on the same spot at the left where the GBA cartridge is. (ignore the arrow)

So where do I get some nice icons for every single one of my games now? :/

it never showed up other icon beside that one... i have a ds lite, and some gba games...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you pee in the water