Hardware External HDD running slower than usual on wii

Pastafari

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi, I have a Toshiba (mq01abd075) 750GB SATA - FAT32, runing both WBFS games and apps from the same partition. I also play NGC games using nintendon't.

At first all was running just fine, every game loaded faster, no crashes. But lately the loading time have increassed, some songs in games randomly cuts themselves, games on nintendon't randomly crashes and my usb loader takes a lot to launch. Trasfering files though doesn't take that long but when I try to reproduce a song stored on my HDD it also seems to load slower on my pc.
I bealive this is a read problem, but since I don't have much experience with External HDD... I really don't know.

I tried to defrag my disk but it also takes HOURS to do (I have about half the drive defragmented already, it took around 6 hours, tried playing like that but it wasn't much different) I do will finish to defrag my disk, but I would like to read any opinion/suggestions on the matter.

Thanks and sorry for the bad english.

Attachments

• HDD Defrag.png
    HDD Defrag.png
    22.3 KB · Views: 324

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
It does sound like defragmenting is all you need to do, but it could be that your HDD partition is corrupted or the HDD is failing. If the defrag doesn't help, run checkdisk, and if that doesn't help, try backing up, formatting the drive and putting all the games back on, and if THAT doesn't help... Well, one way or another it's gotta be HDD related.
It might be a good idea to run CrystalDiskInfo and see what it has to say about the health of your HDD. Often when a HDD is failing there will be a lot of errors and CrystalDiskInfo can tell you if that's the case.

Pastafari

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I ended up formating the disk back to ntfs, then back to FAT32.
Seems that it DO was my HDD after all since now it gets unrecognized by the wii after some time plugged in.

Guess I'll have to buy a new one.
Anyway, thanks again for the help.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It could be the enclosure. If it doesn't have its own power supply and gets it from the USB bus you might need a Y cable to get power from both ports.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."