Hacking External HDD incompatible?

scubaslim

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Matsunichi 500GB External USB Hard drive. When I plug it into the Wii, it's light turns on implying there is power. When I access it from WiiFlow, it reads all of the game titles, but when I try to load a game I just get a black screen and eventually the Wii resets. USB Loader GX doesn't even recognize the drive.

I was able to load games from an SD card and a flash drive, so I don't think I've done anything wrong.

The drive is a USB 3.0, so I bought a Y cable, but that didn't help. I have tried both USB ports...

Anybody have an idea to what the problem is? Or do I have to get a new drive?

Thanks!

scubaslim

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks, I tried that, but I couldn't get it to install -- not sure if it was the hdd or user error. looks like i'll have to look for a new drive

scubaslim

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, I first tried it WBFS, then NTFS, then FAT32 with 32 cluster size... I get the same result no matter what. I appreciate the help, but its fairly safe to say its incompatible. I found that compatibility chart after I posted this -- it says this drive has "issues" -- which are basically the issues I'm having

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, yea the only game they rereleased are the game boy and games boy color ones...