Hardware External battery charger for gamepad battery?

RickyEarl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, I just bought the WUP-013 extended time battery for my WiiU gamepad. My stock battery still works OK - about 2-3 hours or so. Is there was a method to charge these batteries outside the gamepad so you could swap them as needed and eliminate down time? It would be pretty cool to have a charged one ready when the other one died.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It's a standard lipo battery, there are plenty of more and less reputable generic chargers - make sure you can limit charge time and current, temperature detection would be a nice bonus

If all else fails, current and voltage limited power supply + wall socket timer will do the job safely (if properly set), but you won't get optimal performance and wear so...

themyst

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I just bought the WUP-013 extended time battery for my WiiU gamepad. My stock battery still works OK - about 2-3 hours or so. Is there was a method to charge these batteries outside the gamepad so you could swap them as needed and eliminate down time? It would be pretty cool to have a charged one ready when the other one died.

You could simply get an external battery charger and get a USB plug for it. Then you could plug it in and play for days on end.

Trylk248

Honest helper and custom content creator.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What he means is if he can take off the battery and set it to charge, of course this is possible, altho, you will need to make your own electronics.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    A @ anotherthing: The Nintendo servers are going down in 9 days anyway.