Hacking EXTDATA and System Update erasing

Was this helpful?

• yup!

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • nope!

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • already talked about, burn him!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • not really, but could be in the future.

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

josiascaignard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Then again I have just thought of this, is he saying he has never had a 3DS with a Gateway card:-

Or is his comment misleading, is he trying to explain he has never had a Gateway card and then he found out you could not use one over firmware 4.5.0 when it had updated?. I'm not sure its confusing because if he realized it had updated via spotpass to 7.2 then why did he mention it in the first place?. He must of known before that a 3DS over 4.5.0 would not work with flashcards. He has been an active member here since 2011 so you telling me he never knew??? Anyway i give up, peace!

well well, I'm here, let me tell you the whole story, when I knew that gateway actually existed (the day it was posted the review here n GBATemp) I had already updated my console to 5.something so the only thing I could do was to hope that gateway team find a new exploit for 5+. So yeah I lost faith in having homebrew in my console, untill smealum found an exploit that was able to work in 7.2, so I updated to 7.2 (to be able to use the latest update when the hack comes out, before nintendo pushes a new one).

I'm aware of what you were trying to say in your first post. I didn't had my home wifi connection registered in my 3DS so it cannot update via spotpass, but when I stood in the house of a friend of mine (all night), I forgot to delete the wifi configuration of his house (stupid error, but anyway). Now that I'm doing this experiment I decided to enable wifi, and register My wifi connection again to ensure that the 3DS can download the update and verify that what I did and accomplish, was not just a coincidence, actually I'm also experimenting with a 3DS XL of a friend right now.

[user]Adr990[/user]
sorry if I didn't mentioned it, but I have a US 3DS, the EU folder is actually named like you said, if it didn't work with your 3DS it means that my method doesn't work then. But little question here, when you delete the contents of 00000098, does all your eshop items turn into presents? thats what happens to me when I do that, and the 3DS haven't yet prompted me to update. and I also think that nintendo is storing some things on the SD, after all I didn't recieve the message for update when I booted without the card.

Reactions: Reecey

JumpingShadow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'd love to read that topic but for some reason, page one gives me an error everytime it try to load it (page 2 loads fine). Anyone has the same issue ?

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
well well, I'm here, let me tell you the whole story, when I knew that gateway actually existed (the day it was posted the review here n GBATemp) I had already updated my console to 5.something so the only thing I could do was to hope that gateway team find a new exploit for 5+. So yeah I lost faith in having homebrew in my console, untill smealum found an exploit that was able to work in 7.2, so I updated to 7.2 (to be able to use the latest update when the hack comes out, before nintendo pushes a new one).

I'm aware of what you were trying to say in your first post. I didn't had my home wifi connection registered in my 3DS so it cannot update via spotpass, but when I stood in the house of a friend of mine (all night), I forgot to delete the wifi configuration of his house (stupid error, but anyway). Now that I'm doing this experiment I decided to enable wifi, and register My wifi connection again to ensure that the 3DS can download the update and verify that what I did and accomplish, was not just a coincidence, actually I'm also experimenting with a 3DS XL of a friend right now.

[user]Adr990[/user]
sorry if I didn't mentioned it, but I have a US 3DS, the EU folder is actually named like you said, if it didn't work with your 3DS it means that my method doesn't work then. But little question here, when you delete the contents of 00000098, does all your eshop items turn into presents? thats what happens to me when I do that, and the 3DS haven't yet prompted me to update. and I also think that nintendo is storing some things on the SD, after all I didn't recieve the message for update when I booted without the card.

Thats cool man makes perfect sense now. ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1