Hacking Exploitable Game Doesn't Show on Vita When Trying to Transfer from PS3

NO_sauce

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a PS Vita running 3.18 FW and downloaded Persona 2 Demo to my account on PS3 but could not get anything to show up on the transfer screen on the Vita. Under Applications it was empty.

Is this possibly because it is no longer an exploitable game? I have made several attempts but no dice! I just want my emulators for the most part.

Thank you ahead of time for any help offered, GBAtemp is amazing.

zekepliskin

Trophies
XP
Country
A lot of PSP demos can be downloaded to the PS3 and transferred to the PS Vita but won't show up. This is normal. It basically means Sony haven't updated the license to allow it to work on the Vita's ePSP side. I tried dozens of them looking for an exploitable game and basically none of them worked (they didn't show up as a bubble on the LiveArea so couldn't be used as a base game for the TN-V exploit). In the end I settled on Arcade Darts for £2.49, PSP mini which was cheap, small file size of around 21MB and works as my exploit game on both 3.18 and 3.51.

Reactions: NO_sauce

NO_sauce

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can always count on the forums. I'll let everyone know my progress after I attempt it. Thanks so much guys!

NO_sauce

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just found the answer on the demos, they only worked during the 2 day exploit swarm and no longer can you use the demos. It must be a purchased game, which fairly enough, is semi explained on the tutorials here and on other sites. They just didn't explain why. Not sure if I can post links but here is where I found the info:

https://en.wikibooks.org/w/index.ph...ploit_Table&oldid=2978587&diff=cur&diffonly=0

TehCupcakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just found the answer on the demos, they only worked during the 2 day exploit swarm and no longer can you use the demos. It must be a purchased game, which fairly enough, is semi explained on the tutorials here and on other sites. They just didn't explain why. Not sure if I can post links but here is where I found the info:

https://en.wikibooks.org/w/index.ph...ploit_Table&oldid=2978587&diff=cur&diffonly=0
That's outdated and/or slightly misleading. I'm guessing it's either referring specifically to those "exploitable" demos (outdated info), or it's talking about downloading them on PS3 and transferring to PS Vita. The latter might be true. I downloaded my demos directly from my Vita back when I was on the latest firmware (at the time), so I don't know about transferring from PS3.

In any case, you can definitely use any purchased PSP game that is marked as Vita compatible, so look for a cheap one that doesn't take a lot of space.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool