Hacking Expiring PSN+ Titles, Any way to extend date or best to replace with dumps?

Ganoncrotch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Been enjoying the heck out of my 3.60 Taihen'd Vita, but one thing I had forgotten about up until now, my psn+ titles of which I have a large number of on the Vita are coming up to expiry (Got a gift of a 1 year sub last Xmas, most likely will get the same again this year) But the thing is, since my Vita is now very much living in offline mode, when the games reach their expiry date in the next week or two they won't be able to contact psn to see that I've purchased psn+ again so they will remain as "expired" titles.

I'm just wondering if anyone has experience with this what the best course of action is,

a. Is there any way to adjust the games individually to remove or alter the date they want to expire at
b. Is it possible to alter the date within the Vita which it thinks psn+ will expire on (considering one of my previously CMA backed up Vita games had expired but updated to expire on the new date after being transferred back to the Vita yesterday and being opened, which means the expiry date for psn+ has to be stored on the system as it didn't require a psn connection to "unexpire" the title)
c. Will I just delete these psn+ titles and seek them out as Dumps or PSP iso's for inside Adrenaline.

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with the same as above, and sorry if I missed it somewhere in another thread, took a read through the FAQ and couldn't see it.

phant0mg33k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what you are asking for is a way to bypass the titles expiring? Well to give you the short answer Yes.

Long answer

You can use a tool to decypt your content before it expires with either vitamin or Mai dump tool. I recommend Mai dump tool. Problem is if your content expire then dumping the desired games is not possible. Now that being said if you buy psn you can keep your content. Way simpler. Also considering you can randomly lose any free games or back ups of your games if plus lapses and you don't re activate free content with plus. If you have a back up of it and it manages to re activate. $onys words not mine even called them "good I'm glad it worked but you still can't download it again."

Trying to make a longer sorry short but if the content expires it is a one way ticket and you can not use the app or even decrypt it. Psp title are not compatible with the above tools as well. Best way to keep a decent psn library seems to sailing the high seven seas or not letting that ps plus expire.

Hope it helps

Last edited by phant0mg33k,
Reactions: Ganoncrotch

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dunno, even if you had the ps3 to use them with, i think you still need to actually log into psn on the vita to reset the expire date on the games after reactivating playstation plus. But i said i dunno, maybe it will work if you can just copy a game over, but don't both systems need to be signed into psn first to transfer data? :unsure:

Ganoncrotch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I dunno, even if you had the ps3 to use them with, i think you still need to actually log into psn on the vita to reset the expire date on the games after reactivating playstation plus. But i said i dunno, maybe it will work if you can just copy a game over, but don't both systems need to be signed into psn first to transfer data? :unsure:

Yeah I think the games would have to be launched on a Vita which is currently active on psn+ to alter the date which they have to be played until, I have one other method I can use actually, when I put the next years psn+ sub on my account, I can take the psn+ titles from My 3.60 Vita, onto my PC, CMA them onto my 3.63 Vita which is online and see about removing the Expired tag from the games there, and then bringing them back to the PC and back over to my 3.60 Vita again, Would just rely on the Vita not going off its own "expired" state of my PSN+ account then.

Was just wondering if someone had encountered this and found an easy solution to it, like I said too, it's mostly just games which are popular enough and I'm sure I could find a dump of them online to continue having access even if it would mean losing the save data from my own versions of the games.

Thanks for the reply though!

phant0mg33k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what you are asking for is a way to bypass the titles expiring? Well to give you the short answer Yes.

Long answer

You can use a tool to decypt your content before it expires with either vitamin or Mai dump tool. I recommend Mai dump tool. Problem is if your content expire then dumping the desired games is not possible. Now that being said if you buy psn you can keep your content. Way simpler. Also considering you can randomly lose any free games or back ups of your games if plus lapses and you don't re activate free content with plus. If you have a back up of it and it manages to re activate. $onys words not mine even called them "good I'm glad it worked but you still can't download it again."

Trying to make a longer sorry short but if the content expires it is a one way ticket and you can not use the app or even decrypt it. Psp title are not compatible with the above tools as well. Best way to keep a decent psn library seems to sailing the high seven seas or not letting that ps plus expire.

Hope it helps

Yeah I think the games would have to be launched on a Vita which is currently active on psn+ to alter the date which they have to be played until, I have one other method I can use actually, when I put the next years psn+ sub on my account, I can take the psn+ titles from My 3.60 Vita, onto my PC, CMA them onto my 3.63 Vita which is online and see about removing the Expired tag from the games there, and then bringing them back to the PC and back over to my 3.60 Vita again, Would just rely on the Vita not going off its own "expired" state of my PSN+ account then.

Was just wondering if someone had encountered this and found an easy solution to it, like I said too, it's mostly just games which are popular enough and I'm sure I could find a dump of them online to continue having access even if it would mean losing the save data from my own versions of the games. To

Thanks for the reply though!

Ganoncrotch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country

Long answer

Hope it helps

Oh, if Mai was to create a dump of the game would that dump not suffer the same faith and have the timer built into it? I always thought those dumps were just basically clones of the original games so if it had 5 days remaining when it was created the dump would have the same date on it when it was reinstalled to the system, but I have Mai installed and a ton of free space, I'll give it a try with a small game and see how I get on.

(since my psn+ was a gift last year for Christmas I do have less than a week to get all my titles back onto the PSVita and dumped through Mai if this does work to retain my original save files though)

Thanks for the idea though, will let you know how I get on with it.

phant0mg33k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, if Mai was to create a dump of the game would that dump not suffer the same faith and have the timer built into it? I always thought those dumps were just basically clones of the original games so if it had 5 days remaining when it was created the dump would have the same date on it when it was reinstalled to the system, but I have Mai installed and a ton of free space, I'll give it a try with a small game and see how I get on.

(since my psn+ was a gift last year for Christmas I do have less than a week to get all my titles back onto the PSVita and dumped through Mai if this does work to retain my original save files though)

Thanks for the idea though, will let you know how I get on with it.

Yeah it removes the time limit once dumped. So move fast, big games take a while to dump. Back up your saves using hombrew. You need to delete the app to test for install. Wifi is all the vita needs to check activation. In the case of plus as a side note. Without it livens will have nothing to validate with.

Ganoncrotch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah it removes the time limit once dumped. So move fast, big games take a while to dump. Back up your saves using hombrew. You need to delete the app to test for install. Wifi is all the vita needs to check activation. In the case of plus as a side note. Without it livens will have nothing to validate with.

Mind if I ask which homebrew backs up saves of games? I've just always used QCMA to back up the whole Vita game again to my PC to take the save file onto the PC, is there a way to just extract the save file and back that up? would save a ton of time.

Thanks for all the help btw, appreciate it.

Gorre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://github.com/d3m3vilurr/vita-savemgr/releases/

Version 0.6 was the latest when I got it, haven't ever had an issue.

Here's a decent video guide too - https://www.youtube.com/ watch?v=TFeuT4kIELY

TL;DW - Export=to backup slot, Import=to game, Drop=delete backup slot ||| unless the menu has changed wording since.

*edit* I'm not sure how to make a yt link without it automatically plastering a giant media box in the middle of the page, so remove the space lol

Last edited by Gorre,
Reactions: Ganoncrotch

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1