Hacking Experimenti with the Ticket installation

Ghost Liberator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
So, i've been wondering about something and i present it here.

As we know, we can install (or inject) .tik files to ticket.db, these tickets doesn't affect the NNID, but makes possible to download games directly from eshop... But what happens if a 3ds console with no NNID associated is, after install tickets, associated with a newly created NNID?.

Here is what i'm testing, as when the NNID for 3ds was given, all titles and downloads from the console were given to this NNID.

If this experiment was made before me, please share your results, i'm right now doing the crazyness of installing every ticket available for the 3ds since i last downloaded the files, but if i'm proved wrong then that's where the experiment ends.

Of course i'm aware that the association with the console is server sided, but what would happen if you do a NNID and it inherits the tickets installed in the console?.

Share your thoughts.

EDIT: i think i'm in the wrong side, please move the theme if any mod looks at it. as this isn't relevant to flashcards nor CFW.

Last edited by Ghost Liberator,

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I tried it. Installed two tik (good tiks, download worked perfect), then I tied in an NNID. Then I made a system transfer to a non-hacked N3DS (including the NNID), and I couldn't re-download any of the stuff within the tickets. So, no, it didn't work.

I did it last week. So, can't share any screenshoot as I didn't plan to document the expriment. However, I was under the assumption it wouldn't work, for I tried the same with some Legit CIAs in the past, thinking they would link to the NNID, but they didn't.

It seems actual "Legit" pre-installed games have something else that indeed ties them to an NNID once registered.

Ghost Liberator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
i was actually, just finishing this experiment, i'll share my results anyway here. The fastest thing you could have done was to check the programs you could redownload from the options instead of transfering the system. i'll edit here when i check.

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
i was actually, just finishing this experiment, i'll share my results anyway here. The fastest thing you could have done was to check the programs you could redownload from the options instead of transfering the system. i'll edit here when i check.
Although. What would be the point? So, if they appear in the "redownloadable" list, that means they are really "linked" to the NNID?

Ghost Liberator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Although. What would be the point? So, if they appear in the "redownloadable" list, that means they are really "linked" to the NNID?
Yes, if by any reason the programs apear in the redownloadable list from the eshop then the games are linked to the NNID by some sort of reason, as the console has an NNID tied and new content was added to the list without a proof that it was bought. Anyways, i finished making an NNID for the Emunand i made, no ticket was tied to the fresh NNID i made as a dummy, the experiment is finished and there is no point in having this thread go any further on the topic.

This thread can be Erased/Closed at will as it no longer serves any purpose

Link_of_Hyrule

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So weird question is there a tool to remove specific tickets from the db? For example say I had installed a legit CIA but then I wanted to actually obtain is legit film the eshop how would I do this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My first color TV was like 1984 or something lol