Hardware Exclusive Persona Q 3DS Coming to US

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't really understand why anyone would buy a styled console when they already have the same thing in a different color. I understand why Nintendo does it (for monies), but for consumers, they should just buy a faceplate, or pay someone to draw/paint one for them. I have some friends that are talented artists, and I'd rather give them money to draw something cool on my 3DS instead of paying $200 for an entirely new console.

If this was a N3DS (is that what we're abbreviating it as, now?) that'd be different. But a regular 3DSXL that will come with a firmware higher than 4.5? No thanks.

faceplates? are you serious? these ugly things?
well, some people like to switch their console. get new cool one, transfer stuff, sell old console. why not? at least in europe, with the free game promotion, you'd probably end up making a small profit from the whole deal, if you privately sell your old 3ds

haxan

Trophies
XP
Country
faceplates? are you serious? these ugly things?
well, some people like to switch their console. get new cool one, transfer stuff, sell old console. why not? at least in europe, with the free game promotion, you'd probably end up making a small profit from the whole deal, if you privately sell your old 3ds

ok so let me get this straight, Nintendo made the "new" 3ds so that it won't be hackable since they fked up big time with the 3ds/3dsXL right?
I wounder what type of firmware the new 3ds has :D

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so let me get this straight, Nintendo made the "new" 3ds so that it won't be hackable since they fked up big time with the 3ds/3dsXL right?
I wounder what type of firmware the new 3ds has :D
They didn't need to make the "new" 3DS for that. I believe most, if not all, new 3DS that you buy at the store (that hasn't been sitting there for over a year) are unhackable. I know for a fact the recent bundles have firmwares >4.5.

haxan

Trophies
XP
Country
They didn't need to make the "new" 3DS for that. I believe most, if not all, new 3DS that you buy at the store (that hasn't been sitting there for over a year) are unhackable. I know for a fact the recent bundles have firmwares >4.5.

i see, well i guess i won't be getting a new 3ds for a very long time... or until gateway get's their ways with it >:D

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

I thought there was one in the works that worked up till 7 or 8. it was supposed to be released but then pushed back due to new 3ds announcement

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought there was one in the works that worked up till 7 or 8. it was supposed to be released but then pushed back due to new 3ds announcement
According to smealum, his homebrew thingamajigger works in 8.x. But, some people are claiming that, since it's a user-mode exploit, it won't allow for piracy. I don't understand that, since I can't see a difference between running ROMs and running homebrew. Then again, I'm not a hax0r, so I have no idea.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
According to smealum, his homebrew thingamajigger works in 8.x. But, some people are claiming that, since it's a user-mode exploit, it won't allow for piracy. I don't understand that, since I can't see a difference between running ROMs and running homebrew. Then again, I'm not a hax0r, so I have no idea.

just like some applications need administrator access, imagine it a bit like that. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple